QLD Where would you buy in QLD?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by samenglish, 28th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

From your new list of suburbs, Bald Hills, Alex Hills, no and no. Forest Lake and Narangba are not land locked like the other two suburbs. BH and AH are also close to the Bay.

2. bneyeah

bneyeah New Member

Thanks for your post, seems like sound advice. Also saw an article this morning on news.com.au, ‘It’s not my dream house but it’s better than renting’

You mentioned Brisbane metro, and this young investor thinks Gordon Park is a good area to buy into. What are you thoughts on this? It looks like the area has done really well over the past few years and continues to have strong growth.

Wonder if it's the low, but high quality stock that is keeping demand up. Been to several inspections now and seeing a lot of young professional couples. Seems to be a suburb that undergoing rapid gentrification, with a lot of new money flowing through on renos.

3. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

Just come back to this thread, thanks for the reply.

Really sorry to hear about this - my sincere condolences. I’m sure it was/would have been lovely as a holiday home.

TAJ likes this.
  4. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Why no to Bald Hills?

Redkopbill likes this.
  5. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

I think @Angel means that Bald Hills is not within the budget. It would be hard to get a property there for under$350 unless on Gympie or other major road.

Edit $350

Closet likes this.
  6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I mean Yes to Bald Hills and Alex Hills, they are nice family-friendly suburbs close to transport connections and close to the coast (although not right on the coast). However I doubt they are available for that budget.

No to Forest Lake and Narangba because they are further inland. Narangba is a nice place but it seems to go forever. It has plenty of farmland to the north and the west to continue developing.

Redkopbill likes this.
  7. kcbworth

kcbworth Well-Known Member

May be able to sneak into Keperra and get all the fundamentals (transport, community, lifestyle, growing area, middle ring)?

8. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

Gordon Park is a great suburb and is the northern end of a pocket fed well by medical professionals at RBH. Close to Kedron Brook offleash areas aswell. Be aware though that its split down the middle east to west by school catchment, eastern side is Wooloowin and western side is Stafford. Richmond st is a busy road. Get east of Richmond st and away from apartments and you’re in a good spot. Its well and truly had its growth although would be expected to move with the rest of inner bris.

Trailblazer likes this.
  9. QldKoolies

Further to my previous post if you’re into that general area i’ve circled the pockets with the best value for entry buying

Attached Files:

kcbworth likes this.
  10. E than

E than Member

I would use Richmond St as a rough guide. Some of the best houses in the suburb are located to the West of Richmond St. Agree, going too far West results in being lost in an apartment area.

11. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Although Brissy has not seen the softening market like Syd/Melb, I would still hold fast before buying here... Buy at the bottom of the Melb/Syd cycle, so much more upside to come.

croseks likes this.
  12. QldKoolies

Now is the time! opportunity everywhere.

13. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Well-Known Member

Not sure if either Melb or Sydney have bottomed out yet. Hopefully it doesn’t get too much worse, but I’d say they will drop a bit more yet given the current circumstances with bank lending and the economy.

Brisbane is currently experiencing huge population growth - migrants, people moving from Melb/syd. New infrastructure is also making Brisbane more appealing to live. Brisbane has also had any capital growth over the past 10 years. I cannot go past Brisbane for investment at the moment.

I recently purchase in Redcliffe in qld and earn more rent than I do on my Melbourne investment, yet the Melb property is worth nearly double. It makes no sense. Tempted to sell my Melb investment and buy 2 more in Brisbane.

nuzullandchicky likes this.
  14. E than

E than Member

Anyone investing in the Gordon park, Brisbane? Thoughts on the area

Codie likes this.
  15. DeJ

DeJ Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe a unit.
    There are very convenient transport options (3 train stations) but you won't find any houses for that little $$. Blocks are worth that much these days.

16. croseks

croseks Well-Known Member

Rental income is not going to make you rich, property prices will go up in Melbourne more then Brisbane over the long term, so anyone with a 10 year+ outlook should really be looking at Melb/Syd

17. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Unless of course the buy in price is too high or the yields are too low. Strategy needs to fit the individual investor.

18. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Brisbane but not right now just sit and wait for 6 months and see what happens with these drops that are happening at the moment

19. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Well-Known Member

Maybe. That’s a guess though. The fact is Melb and Sydney have had about 50% growth in last few years. That growth is unsustainable. Brisbane having huge population growth, mining recovering.and billions spent on infrastructure creating new jobs. Brisbane yet to have much growth either. Property cycle says Brisbane about to rise. For next few years my money will probably go into Brisbane.

I never base anything off what has happened in last 10 years. There was a time when Brisbane market wasn’t much different to Melb and Sydney. After a 50% boom and no wage growth do you really think Melb and Sydney will be great options? I’m not sure that’s sustainable
    P.S A good rental return on property is nothing to ignore.

Toon and croseks like this.
  20. QldKoolies

In the areas i keep a close eye on in Bris i dont see any panic. Activity is slower for sure and buyers taking their time but buyers are still turning up to pay no less than comparables

Codie and Whitecat like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia