QLD Where would you buy in QLD?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by samenglish, 28th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go anywhere north of Bundaberg due to the insurance costs and general hassles with maintenance. I would always consider Toowoomba and Sunny Coast if i was buying again.

kierank likes this.
  2. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

As I stated in my earlier post, I too like Toowoomba. I thought getting a total return of 12% pa for 45+ years was OK :D.

Not saying it will do that going forward.

We are still getting 5% gross rental return; just need 7% growth :eek:.

3. New Town

New Town Well-Known Member

Cyclones, floods and cane toads aside, they look like good value.

Its if and when there is growth that is the Q

kierank likes this.
  4. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

My wife and I purchased the land initially in 2002 then in 2003 had NQ Homes build the house with pool. We were intending to spend from May to November each year there and return to Yamba for the summer months. So all year sunshine!
    However my wife got ill and passed away in 2015 after a lengthy battle with the spanish dancer so unfortunately our plan didn't come to fruition.
    Hence the reason it became an IP.

5. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss mate. Stories like these bring life into perspective.

MissMel likes this.
  6. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

I still like the Redcliffe Peninsula and areas around there. Great buy in price, still good yields, a natural land lock and plenty of infrastructure. Income growth is reasonable and above average and it's still very commutable from the CBD, particularly with the train line. Something to consider.

Andrew

nuzullandchicky and Redkopbill like this.
  7. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Well-Known Member

I agree with Andrew. I think until recently the Redcliffe Peninsula has been forgotten about. I think Victorian investors will be smart enough to see the potential and beauty of this place, especially with the new infrastructure in place now. The nearby university will also mean younger people will be drawn to the area.

8. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Nope. Don’t think so. There is a see if houses for sale in Redcliffe. It takes a whopping 1h15m to get to CBD during work hours. Plenty of options closer to CBD.

D5EFADFD-4AB7-48F4-A0D0-2713F0AD4F42.jpeg

Redkopbill likes this.
  9. Yinka Dare

Who says they need to work on the cbd? I believe there is a train line going into the city as well. The myth that closer to the cbd is better is simply a myth. Look at Melbourne - Broadmeadows and Footscray are very close to the city but Frankston south 40kms from the city is valued higher.

Redcliffe has the only real beach close to Brisbane. Look at what Melb - Frankston has some over the past 5 years......funny thing is there is a long coast of beach there. It’s more about the beach I think. Sydney very similar. Redcliffe is a sleeping giant. Victorian investors will see the $$$

Redkopbill likes this.
  10. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

In Queensland, we don’t consider Redcliffe to have a REAL beach ;).

Compared with Melbourne beaches, I can understand your comment :D.

QldKoolies, Lindsay_W and wilso8948 like this.
  11. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

Are you sure about this? Did you check the medians?

12. jenno1612

jenno1612 Active Member

what ? you mean not every single person in Brisbane works in the CBD like some people on here indicate LOL

As a moreton bay local, i will admit the train is 1 hour+ and feels slow as hell from Kippa-ring. Now Deagon deviation roadworks have been done you would almost be better driving down to Northgate (20-30min) and taking the train from there (15min)

QldKoolies likes this.
  13. Yinka Dare

Median price Frankston sth 850k
    Broadmeadows 580k

Big difference.

Many people who live near the beach, don’t actually go to the beach. They just like the views - real beach or not

Rich2011 likes this.
  14. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

Or as many of my colleagues who live up in that general direction do, they drive across to Sandgate and take the Shorncliffe Line to the city.

15. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

Interesting. I think what will help is modifying current timetable to include express services on the MBRL...All stops will just take forever and decreases peoples intention of using the newly built public transport. I wonder why they didn't include some express service in the timetable from day 1?

For Sydney it's like train ride from Hornsby to Central. I can either take the North Shore line and enjoy the 50 mins+ all stop trip or jump on the express service from Newcastle (2 or 3 stops in between) and get there under 40 mins. People have more options so will be much more willing to use the public transport instead.

Cheers,
    David

16. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Sydney has more advanced people who think ahead of the curve??

Having two lanes most of the places cause all this drama for them. They need more population I gues..

17. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

What about Footscray you quoted in your post as underperforming Franskston?
    Wow Frankston $850k median, could you please let me know what is the data source as domain gives me $655k and realestate $602k

18. Yinka Dare

As stated by your investment magazine Frankston sth median price. Care to argue?

Attached Files:

19. Yinka Dare

Footscray has median of 880k but Footscray is dominated by units these days. Considering it’s distance to the city, it seems people generally seem to care about being near water, and not living near factories/industry no matter how close to the city.

20. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

which is which? you said Frankston beats Footscray but it turn out it is not the case then you conclude who cares people don't want to live in Footscray?

if people don't want to live in Footscray why high median price? demand has to be there for people to pay high price for smaller unit and houses.

I am one of those people who will pay and willing to pay a lot of money for properties near CBD...40Km out I wouldn't even considered it

Ronald86 likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia