House & Home Where to live/rent in inner Sydney

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Oliver, 23rd Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Currently living in Sydney, my family may get bigger soon so I start wondering where I could find a bigger place to rent, and ideally a house.
    I currently live in a flat in Waterloo. I really like the area as everything is closeby.

Would be looking to move ideally to a house but don't want to commute for 1h!

I also notice that for the price I pay for my apartment, I have access to the gym, swimming pool and it seems that even if I was to move to a much further away suburb such as Artarmon, I would still pay about the same price but my flat won't be as nice (probably no gym, same size flat) and I would have to commute way more to get to the CBD! It doesn't make any sense!

Any suggestion? :)
    Where do you guys live in inner Sydney?

Thanks!!!

2. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

Marrickville. No huge apartment buildings there with pools, but if you move close to Enmore Park there is a great gym and pool there.

3. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Have you tried Darlinghurst or the Northern part of Surry Hills eg near Oxford street.?

Relatively safe,close to Police HQ,most apartments have a gym,if not there are 2 gyms nearby ,supermarkets,walk to City

4. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I believe Darlinghurst or Surry Hills is going to be even more expensive compare to Waterloo.

5. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Then try Abercrombie street Chippendale or Glebe areas