QLD Where to invest for natural cashflow but upside for CG. Bris/ Campbelltown

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by HBK, 11th Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HBK

HBK Well-Known Member

Sorry im making alot of posts
    Where would be the best areas to look at for CG potential but with either positive or neutral to hold it with 20% down. Aslong as its neutral i wont mind.
    Would Brisbane 17ish- 20km radius be my best bet ? If so which areas should i look at ?

Also what are your thoughts on the surrounding suburbs of Campbelltown in syd like Macquarie fields they are some of the cheaper areas and im thinking alot will move towards those ways for cheaper property and the place might go up in value alot ?
    Thoughts

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Why does it have to be neutral or positive?

There are quite a few places in Brisbane with good odds for decent CG over the next 5 to 10 years but I highly doubt any of them (at least the ones I think are good) would be positive or neutral CF.

3. HBK

HBK Well-Known Member

Well doesnt have to be positive, i just prefer a property costing me nothing to hold. But then i see im limiting my CG potential.
    Well what are these places you have in mind for good CG in the comming years.
    I want to have a look :)

4. Tom87

Tom87 Active Member

What is your perception of cashflow positive? Covering interest only repayments and outgoings? or p&i?

5. Branden

Branden Well-Known Member Business Member

You may be better served if you prioritise growth (demand) over gearing (positive/neutral). That is not to say you can't have both. Though if you focus on positive/neutral gearing you will likely limit yourself in what you can buy. Noting that negatively geared properties can become positive over time by decreasing the loan or increasing the rent.

6. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

To me a neutral gear terminology to be:
    Covering interest payment of the loan + all property expenses. It DO NOT include principle payment.

craigc and Tom87 like this.
  7. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Before or after tax?

8. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Before tax ofcourse.
    After tax you might be out of pocket by $3k to $5k depending.

Last edited: 13th Aug, 2021
  9. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

I see plenty room for above average growth in 2560 postcode if you have some local knowledge of the area and it's trends. There' not much CF+ though atm so it would take patience and driving a hard bargain.
    Maybe bargains cannot be found for a while until the market cools down a little as there seems to be plenty buyers.