QLD Where to invest 650k in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Kurabi, 12th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but I've personally done this 5 times in the past (successfully and remotely). It's not rocket science and a lot less daunting than most think.

All you need to do is have a rough idea of the areas you need to buy in, get familiar with the good pockets, recognise what a GOOD price is for something (Pricefinder/RP data access essential and worth every cent), set your search up in realestate/domain, and pounce when you see something.

But if you'd rather outsource/cough up $10K and dispense with the relatively easy task of doing it yourself, then so be it.

Tranquilo and Sackie like this.
  2. Tranquilo

Tranquilo Well-Known Member

Yep what @Lacrim said. I've done it 2 times up there, and the second time I got @Whitecat to help and bounce off area's and so on. You can do it and you feel good about yourself leaving the comfort zone.

Whitecat likes this.
  3. nth brisbanite

nth brisbanite Well-Known Member

A correction for Brisbane? How can Brisbane have a correction when it hasn't taken off yet?

4. 6556

6556 New Member

As a very active Buyers Agent in Brisbane I will give you my thoughts as to where you will do well. The suburbs of Ferny Hills and Arana Hills went through a very big price spurt in the last 6 months over taking Michelton, a traditionally more expensive suburb. It's closer to Brisbane and very appealing to families. The price will correct in the next 6 months and it will be a very good area for strong capital growth. Mitchelton.

Codie, Kurabi, icic and 2 others like this.
  5. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

What you sayin'? :(

JDP1 likes this.
  7. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Wait a year or so in inner ring Brisbane? Going by the people who turn up at open homes and time on market I'd say that could be a dangerous game!

8. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

What do you mean exactly?

9. icic

icic Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood me there, by all means look for the properties yourself . but buying a "good" 650k property in the 850k+ suburbs is a major challenge especially for interstate investors.

10. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

No way is Ferny/Arana more expensive than mitchelton if comparing like to like. Or do you mean in growth?

I had ferny hills as the most undervalued brisbane suburb based on train access, distance to city and demographics. In fact for its primary and high school (patricks road and ferny grove) its probably a better buy for families than mitchelton.

Angel likes this.
  11. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

One simple phone call,they are not BA'S ..Just an old school family father too son too son run business and been in business a lifetime ..not advice in any way..imho..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    35 King St, ANNERLEY,QLD
    Calling all builders and renovators. Situated only a few minutes walk to major shopping, PA hospital and access to the freeway is this turn of the century character house. Asking little more than...

Read more...

just be 100% you check the footprint of the building at the back on the footprint plan,and as this is lmr you maybe have a problem if you intend to level this property
    as the date it was built it will remain the same as it is now,but check the back as it
    looks like back section may be over the line.."imho"

Last edited: 14th Dec, 2017
  12. icic

icic Well-Known Member

The few northern mid ring suburbs mentioned around that area are going to grow fair a bit in the next 2 years I reckon as they are still very undervalued. The equivalent southern suburbs has grown much faster for the last two years, so it seems likely that northern suburbs will grow faster in the near future to do a bit of catching up.

ndpjai likes this.
  13. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

Let me ask you this.

If I picked a suburb like Holland Park which is in the inner ring but still a few suburbs away from CBD, prices for a sizable, livable home range anywhere from 900k to 1.3 mil+ already. Of course you can get other stock but they either wont have the land or they may need renovations or both.

Going off that price range, if I spend 1 mil in Holland park today plus stamp duty and legal costs, how much that property in your opinion is going to be worth in 12 to 18 months time and why?

14. icic

icic Well-Known Member

same question can be applied for Sydney and Melbourne before the latest boom. Booms and bubbles can only loosely connected to logics and fundamentals at its best, its more to do with human psychology of greed and fear. To answer your question, anything is possible once the boom is underway.

Rich2011 likes this.
  15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Holland Park is Middle ring, not Inner ring. I wish it were inner ring :) Also personally, I wouldn't buy a 1mil+ property in HP, if I HAD TO buy there, I would look at the 700k range on larger land. Many homes in the area have grown 20-40% over the last few years already so best time to get in there is probably gone. But still decent buys around if you look hard and are super quick with a little luck.

Rich2011 and vbplease like this.
  16. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

What do you think of MacDowall, Bridgemen Downs, Albany Creek and Eatons Hill?

17. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Why not consider Rochedale South? Anna Marie St.

18. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I'd take the pigeon hole... If places like the druie can explode, then surely pigeon holes can as well...:)

Rich2011 likes this.
  19. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

That kind of adds to the argument if thats not even considered middle ring and prices are already there, where is it going to go.

Best time to buy was right after the floods and best time to sell is right now IMO.

20. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

They would all be horrendous for public transport to city or driving ...quite nice places though. Bridgeman downs very rich housing in parts