Where to hang out to meet nice men 29_36yrs age group

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Jelsa2, 24th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I was a MTB'er but used to cycle to work in the CBD from wollstonecraft. Got hit on lavender st at milsons point

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Bummer :(

Yeah, there is a reason I don't ride to the city ... especially not with the kids.

I'm still waiting on that cycling master-plan which will provide safe cycling routes into the city (and other places!)

Whitecat likes this.
  3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I got hit crossing a side road off Pacific highway at the western side of Chatwood after a day of work in January one year... quite shaken but I was glad I was wearing a top with long sleeves... and very glad I did not go flying off that vehicle straight into the peak hour traffic on Pacific Highway or else that could have been the end of me.

And I got hit more recently while in the ACT, got rear ended while waiting at traffic lights (Feral inattentive mother with little kid plus about to have a second... she would not give me her license details either. I have no idea if she even had a license)... i'm still on my bike though. And i've been pushbike riding while in Bali too. Now that's an adventure....

Whitecat likes this.
  4. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

mountain biking is where its at.

Cheers,
    Inertia

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

But there's few female mountain bikers.... I've done some but it's quite challenging. I like single track though, but haven't done much mountain biking for a while. But as I said, there's very few female mountain bikers, so it won't work as a place to meet gals...

6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Bugger! I have my motor bike licence but have no intention of riding one on the road (bush only) I don't trust Anyone on the roads! Plus the outcome is very likely to be ugly

What's the Perth equivalent of Sydney's 3wise monkeys? That's where I met my Mrs :p
    That north side seems like the would be some suspect night clubs to lurke

7. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Numbers don't lie - it must be a topic of significant interest to people. @Simon Hampel there is a market in it for you! A special forum section where people pay you to hook their daughters up with property-owning suitors hehehe

Tim86, MTR, The Y-man and 2 others like this.
  8. Jelsa2

Jelsa2 Well-Known Member

Hi Jeah I think you have misinterpreted my question as I have no intention of setting her up with anyone. I asked where she might be able to go to meet nice guys (general question) as she hasn't had much success. Suggesting meet up website or bike riding isn't choosing her a mate.

MTR and wylie like this.
  9. Xie

Xie Well-Known Member

Have been reading Datto's quotes for a while now and he always makes me laugh. Thanks Datto.

10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

What do you mean that he is not serious 100% of the time?

11. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

I'm sure she'll find someone under her own steam - it's almost a crime now to be single and in your 30's.

Fundamentally she just needs to be connecting with others, how she does it depends on what she's comfortable with. You don't increase your chances of finding someone you can connect with by sitting at home feeding your 12 cats of course. :)

legallyblonde and MTR like this.
  12. Xie

Xie Well-Known Member

Has he ever made a serious comment? No truly am curious.

13. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@Xie -

14. Xie

Xie Well-Known Member

haha

15. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

I'm loving this thread! I know tinder is for let's say "casual meetups" but I actually know someone who got a real relationship out of it. Best way is to meet people. If not this Perth meetup take her to the next one. Then maybe @datto can give her some property tips.

datto likes this.
  16. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I reckon she can have lunch with her Dad any time. Send her to this week's PC meetup.

17. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: I haven't read the replies, so what I say might be a repeat of what others have said.

Back when I was single, I tried online dating for a bit. Even though nothing quite clicked, I met some nice girls from RSVP and OkCupid and would sort of recommend both.
    As I'm quite fussy, I could filter on things that I knew were going to be important to me such as religious and political views, diet, etc.
    I really don't like the idea of Tinder though as it's purely superficial. I think it's actually a straight copy of Grindr, why is a gay app made more for sex than for dating.

However I think that you should probably take a step back, I couldn't imagine many things more annoying than my mum trying to meddle with my love life.

legallyblonde likes this.
  18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I would not be too harsh, its coming from a good place.

I think she is looking for suggestions and she lives in Perth, so do I, its not social paradise here for singles so any help is not going to hurt but perhaps help, anyway that is way I view it.

MTR:)

19. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Loads of tradies at the tip today. Just sayin'...

Tim86 likes this.
  20. Munga

Munga Well-Known Member

Im a 39 year old professional sailor! no 6 pack though! lol

MTR and JacM like this.