Where to from here?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Melb87, 14th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Melb87

Melb87 New Member

Hello Propertychat!
    It's great to finally post in this forum.
    I am a former Somersoft member and poster. Somersoft and its members helped me to get my first I.P and my PPOR so I am forever grateful for everyone's help and input.
    This post is simply asking for some advice on what is a good 'next' move for my current situation.
    I currently own a 2 bedroom unit that is leased out and is presently almost neutral 8km from the CBD in Melb.
    My PPOR is a 2 bedroom terrace 3km from the CBD in Melb with a decent amount of equity in it.
    I would like to accumulate a nice portfolio but am wanting to know how would you tackle the next purchase if you were in my shoes?
    Where would you purchase and what?
    I am predominantly looking for some CG but am finding it harder and harder in this crazy market.
    I am inspired by everyone in this forum and I appreciate any advice.
    Al

2. Player

Player Well-Known Member

Start searching the threads here on South East Qld especially Brisbane and Gold Coast. On the latter just stay away from high rise. Units are okay as long as they are walk up and very walkable to beach, cafes, shops etc. House with land (and potentially duplex or town house zoned) would be ideal in areas that are infill and they cannot manufacture any more land.

New Town likes this.
  3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

you will have to do more research and DD as to where from here. Once you are more clear on 'where to from here', i suspect the fdorum can be of more help in getting you there.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agree with @JDP1 .

I would further clarify what this means and then determine some short , medium and long term goals. Then you can work out a strategy or strategies to get there.

It's very hard to get somewhere if you don't have at least a decent idea of where you want to end up.

My 2 cents.