Where to find historical Capital Growth & Rental Rates

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by JohnM99, 9th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JohnM99

JohnM99 New Member

Hi,

I am trying to find a resource that can provide me with the following:

1. Yearly capital growth rates by suburbs for the past 15 years
    2. Yearly rental increase rates by suburbs for the past 15 years
    I am happy to pay for the data but struggling to find it. If anyone knows where I can find it that would be super.

Cheers

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

How do you expect this data to help you with investment decisions? Do you think the last 15 years helps you predict what future returns will be?

3. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Domain sold and rental stats

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Corelogic - A paid service. They receive all property sales from state data, land transfers etc across the country and provide agencies with statistical data. And also sell it

Not sure about rents since its not regulated data for reporting. Highly prone to mistake due to the variance between low, high and median as "property" is not homogenous and may be affected by other issues like higher density property, size and many other factors. Maybe ABS but maybe not suburb by suburb except census data each 4 years... Past performance is no indicator of future performance

Also in map form ?
    Census Data

Here is something from 2016 - repeat each year ending in 1 or 6.....
    QuickStats

Last edited: 11th Feb, 2020

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.