Where to find a 920 timber screen door

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Lizzie, 11th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Front door is a 920 and, as summer approaches, we're looking for a fly screen door (doesn't have to be security door) to fit.

Would prefer paintable timber, so can paint it the same luscious colour as the front door ... :D ... rather than covering up my hot pink with a white aluminium frame.

Problem is - can't seem to find an "off the shelf" anywhere. I'm surprised as 920 is a pretty standard front door size. Don't really want to go some super expensive timber as only going to be painted.

Any suggestions?

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Do you have Corinthian Doors in your state? I know they make a timber framed screen door that I think comes in a 920 width

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I've looked at their website and they only advertise the 820 ... have already sent them an email so see what happens

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Not after a heritage option - just a plain rectangle with screen in the middle - but will contact Heritage and see if they can make me one, as they are simply pine

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Just lose the rounded corner brackets but you might lose rigidity & the door will flex a bit.

Last edited: 11th Sep, 2021
    Lizzie likes this.