VIC Where to buy with $460k budget - Melbourne

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ashaarrh, 14th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

It’s funny once upon a time we rented in cranny west and back then it was considered one of the crapiest parts of cranny. Since the new estates have come in it’s changed the stigma a lot.

2. melbournesky

melbournesky Well-Known Member

Even a couple of years ago, it was one of the most affordable suburbs in Mel:)
    Cant believe it has 800~900k good quality houses around now.
    Which means I believe a lot of renovation will be going on because it will be worth spending money on renovations in the future.

3. JamesP

JamesP Well-Known Member

You can get into Hampton for that price.

The Park one I mean... not the real Hampton

MaddyG likes this.
  4. Boston george

Boston george Active Member

Cranbourne West for older with reno potential.
    Cranbourne North better area/newer homes with the same Capital Growth potential IMO.

5. melbournesky

melbournesky Well-Known Member

In a few years, almost half of the Cranbourne West will be a new estate zone. When new estate blocks are settled down with all the amenities, how do you think it will affect the old area of Cranbourne West? Buying a big block with reno potential is definitely a smart move?

6. Boston george

Boston george Active Member

I’m no expert on the area don’t get me wrong but I have visited a few times this year prior to my last purchase.
    I believe there are a few parts of Cranbourne West that will always struggle for re-sale value (anything close to or with a view of the rail and transmission line easement) but a little further out towards the newer estates are doing well and will defiantly profit from close, new facilities.
    Renovating closer to Cranbourne at this time with the current growth if done right would be a good move, although it’s not my cup of tea.