VIC Where to buy our first home in Melbourne's North/North East

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Kate J, 9th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sonz

Sonz New Member

I would also look at Watsonia and Watsonia North, starting to be trendied up with cafes and shops, has a predicted solid growth but avoid anywhere near Greensborough rd where the tunnel will be built. Has good local schools with good catchment area, Latrobe University andclose to freeway access, close to Northland and Greensborough plaza for shopping.

Kate J likes this.
  2. Investaa

Investaa Well-Known Member

Could you please name the good public local school in Watsonia?

3. Kate J

Kate J Member

That's really helpful, thank you. Do you know much about Rosanna Primary School and Heidelberg Primary School?

4. Triton

Triton Well-Known Member

Heidelberg is very good and zoned, it's an expensive area. Rosanna primary is not that good. Golf links is meant to be good. Banyule is very good even better than Heidelberg . These are based on NAPLAN results and what people have told me

Kate J likes this.
  5. Kate J

Kate J Member

Great, thanks.

6. mues

mues Well-Known Member

Everything here is accurate

7. DreamzUnlimited

DreamzUnlimited Well-Known Member

I am from Greensborough and have lived here for 6 years now, with my family. I like this area and can see lots of young families around now. Easy access to trains, shops, and M80.

Talking to people, I can make out that they are pretty happy with some of the primary schools around: Watsonia Heights, Apollo, and Greenhills. A property on a descent block with easy access to plaza and station is probably a good idea. The above mentioned schools have performed well ( even compared to Rosanna Primary and Golf Link) in recent years compared to surrounding suburbs (excluding Banyule Primary and Heildelberg Primary which are probably the top ones).

As mentioned before, stay away from the Greensborough rd where the tunnel will be built.

8. Triton

Triton Well-Known Member

You might want to check the news..