Where to buy IP for 350-400K in this environment

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Kushanda, 20th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chicken or Beef?

Chicken or Beef? Well-Known Member

No where.

The whole market took a hit to the head with all the apra changes and royal commission. Wait for a trend to emerge in due course. I see nothing at all to be gained with vanilla buy and hold at the moment.

2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

On what basis are you saying this?

People have made a lot of money...I remember you indicate a few years ago...that Strathpine did not have the fundmentals......perhaps better research and insight would help....

3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

The whole market where?

4. Chicken or Beef?

Chicken or Beef? Well-Known Member

The east coast of Zimbabwe.

Shogun likes this.
  5. Paula Ospina

Paula Ospina Active Member

Hi Kushanda,

I agree highly with what 'BuyersAgent' said above, just to add to that it may be good to consider properties that also may have the potential to improve in the future / manufacture equity down the track so you can actively do something as apposed to waiting for the market to perform(which is out of your hands).

Also with the 'New' properties they tend to be at the higher price points in the market for that area because they're newer + nice & shiny and therefore (not always) tend to sell above the median price. Hence if you overpay it takes a surprising improvement in value, and strong market movements to see any uplift.

Either way I would recommend as a starting point to get familiar with an areas intrinsic value and try to find something below that value and hold onto it. (May also help get you a better yield if the rents are good)

Also there are a couple of reports out there that may help shine some insight into what states may work for you :)

All the Best!
    QBE Australian Housing Outlook 2018-2021
    https://storage.googleapis.com/htw-...month-in-review-february-2019_resedential.pdf
    Domain's Property Price Forecasts

6. SuperWoman

SuperWoman Well-Known Member

Is the 480 a benchmark for 3x2 or 4x2?

7. Tman1992

Tman1992 Member

For the price could you look at a more regional area? Ballarat long term will benefit with investments into public transport and I think people from West of the city might start looking out that way for more affordable housing.

This place has obviously already been renod but there are others in the area that haven't

230 Kline Street, Ballarat East, Vic 3350

George Smiley likes this.
  8. househuntn

househuntn Well-Known Member

Would you say Strathpine/Kallangur or Redcliffe would be a better investment option? A quick look suggests Redcliffe might be too expensive for me towards the water but I still some ~400k further inland

SuperWoman likes this.
  9. Prospekta.mf

Prospekta.mf Member

I do like the affordability of Redcliffe but having a look (google earth) it does seem pretty hit and miss. One block back from the beach looks great, lots of new renovation and well maintained properties. 2 and 3 blocks back from the beach looks absolutely terrible, run-down looking hovels. Are there areas within Redcliffe to steer clear of ? Are there areas that are gentrifying as they appear to be with my limited overview ?

10. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Here are a few historical Propertychat threads from the past on Redcliffe. Don't rule them out given how old some are because the variables probably haven't changed that much. Likewise there are other PC threads on Strathpine/Kallangur that you can easily Google (and some recent ones on Bendigo that are worth a read even if regional isn't on your radar).

After your research and considerations, it's best to fly up there and check it out. Stay in that suburb or nearby in accommodation if you can just to scope it out. Google maps tells some of the story but certain suburbs can look much more/less impressive in real life.

Redcliffe? [QLD]
    Thoughts on Redcliffe Peninsula [QLD]
    Struggling to find tenants in Redcliffe

C-mac likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia