WA Where to buy in WA

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by S-Star, 19th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Haha you are the Messiah! Praise the lord, you're hear to show us the way

2. bob shovel

True, heard they had snow last week south of the river

Aconis and JohnPropChat like this.
  3. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Well funny you should mention that because when I was living in Craigie a person who reminds me of you. Told me that Perth never gets below freezing. So then I left a glass of water outside over night in winter and it froze and I took a picture and showed them but even that did not convince.

So perhaps it is cold enough that most warm blooded humans would find below zero uncomfortable. Perhaps you are cold blooded and don't feel the cold as much. Good that you live out in the bush of Toodyay, I saw loads of reptiles out that way.

4. bob shovel

images (1).jpg

I like that people you know (cause you wouldn't have mates) even think you're full of ****

ross100 likes this.
  5. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Mandurah is a nice place. It's pretty laid back, the train only takes 50-55 mins to the CBD, depending on which stop you need. Otherwise it's a 45min drive in no traffic. Peak hour would be madness... Investment-wise it will probably be a slower starter than Perth.

I think you could surmise that concensus from the forum is to stay north if you want the beach lifestyle and better investment potential. Honestly though, only you can decide what feels right for you and your family, and you're not going to know that until you arrive and live here for a bit.

Maybe rent in Mandurah for 6 months or so, and just explore?

Ps - The beaches in Mandurah are just as sharky as the ones on the North side...

Pps - just so you know, Mandurah is pronounced Man-dra. It's a WA thing. :)

Observer, JohnPropChat and bob shovel like this.
  6. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Ok, get you now. Any plans to widen to three lanes? Thinking it's going to be more of a joke as they extend Mitchell Freeway....

7. Jello_B

Jello_B Well-Known Member

Anyone buy 53 Menglar Avenue Claremont. Seemed nicely priced. Trying to get something similar priced in Claremont. Found a couple but normally under offer.
    What's the thoughts on South Perth?

8. Aconis

Aconis Well-Known Member

Don't know. I know they have put in a dedicated merging lane at Ocean reef but has not really helped.
    Money has been spent widening and heading further north. Hopefully that little section will be looked at soon.

Propin likes this.
  9. Flipper

Flipper Member

Might I suggest we run a thread called "Ask Ald Anything", where points are given for answers that include "Hotspot", "Gamble Way", or "Saterday". Good times!

10. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

@s_star if your still here and reading I saw you say that local jobs may be an option so won't need to commute.

Knowing that then Mandurah might be ok. Also check out Halls Head which is one of my favourite parts and Bouvard for newer stock.

Check out 28 Mippi Road Halls Head WA 6210 - House for Sale #121624010 - realestate.com.au

The bonus is that it's on 2 titles so you could sell off the rear block if you wanted or just sit on that and have a massive rear yard.

S-Star and Propin like this.
  11. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Actually I have a few very good and close friendships not mateship, I don't waste my time or others being nothing less than a friend for life and like a brother to somebody working together to help each other in every way. Something that hardly exists in isolated, selfish and conceited Australia. I know all my neighbours and ensure I talk to everyone. Just look at how much brotherhood has been shown to aboriginals here and then come lecture me about your mateship mate!

12. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

That's an excellent idea.

But the problem is that people need to actually listen to smart people.

You know the joke don't you?

What's the difference between Australians and Siamese twins.

You can tell the the twins apart but you can't tell the Australians anything.

Flipper likes this.
  13. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

i think @SStar 's question has been comprehensively answered now. Maybe time to hit the showers and cool off? :)

14. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Just a side question - am potentially buying a property in Craigie/Padbury. How long does it REALLY take if you drove to the CBD and vice versa at peak hour on a weekday? I hear agents quoting 20 minutes but I'm sure that's at 1.30 in the morning :)

Aconis likes this.
  15. Skuttles

Skuttles Well-Known Member

Trying to strengthen your argument by telling racist jokes is never a good plan @Ald

16. bob shovel

Sensing some tension there champ. Are you reporting from the airport on your way out of here?
    R U OK

17. Skuttles

Skuttles Well-Known Member

To the OP, agree with many on here re locations with your budget. Some parts of Mullaloo, Hillary, Kallaroo and then further north, or maybe White Gum Valley, Hamilton Hill, Spearwood to the south.
    No question tho that it makes sense to rent for 6 months first, get a feel for how the city works.
    Keep asking questions and best of luck!

18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Just opened the link, prices have fallen dramatically.

19. Aconis

Aconis Well-Known Member

Using the Transperth website it shows the time taken by train to be 24 minutes. That's a straight journey from Whitfords station to the CBD in peak hour.
    Driving I would add an extra 10 minutes to be safe.

Transperth JourneyPlanner

20. bob shovel

Use Google maps at the time of travel and it will calculate the trip with traffic and show the trouble spots (red for slow etc)

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia