WA Where to buy in WA

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by S-Star, 19th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. S-Star

S-Star Member

Thanks, yes I appreciate recommendations suitable to my budget as anything >$1m is completely irrelevant to me :)

Ideal is 500-600, could consider up to 700 if it's convincing as an investment long term (and somewhere we would enjoy living). Don't mind doing reno, but not desperate to either!

Thinking it might be nice to get a block near the beach in the Mandurah area and build something.

Perthguy likes this.
  2. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Yeah, I personally like Mandurah. It's not the worlds greatest investment but for affordable canal-front properties, can't beat it.

Or the loads of R60/R100 properties next to the foreshore. None of them will make sense in the short term though.

EDIT: No association with these people but The Islands at Mariners Cove | Land for sale | Mandurah

MTR likes this.
  3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Sure, but potential for capital growth?

4. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Mandurah is mistake. There is nothing there except the tattoo parlour and local adult shop and massage parlour. People drive to Mandurah leaving in the morning on a Saterday to go buy cheaper cars at the dealers there. It's so whoop whoop from Perth you are better of in ocean reef for the same price.

5. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Buy in Karrinyup, or Carine but on the west side in the quiet streets with names of minerals. But you will never regret Karrinyup south.

6. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Ok so it's easy for you to call someone a liar when he is not speaking "dude " language that you can understand? Perhaps the problem is not me.

But ok so let's see if I am a liar.
    Please give the real estate agent who sold 23 gamble way a call and ask him if it sold for 1.5 million. Furthermore let's see you put your money where your mouth is and pay me $1000 dollars for every lie you find was not a lie. I will pay you $10000 for every lie you prove.

This is the agents number his name is
    Peter.
    tel:0427958929

I checked the price with him myself because our friend who is a builder was going to buy that property with the view to developing other properties in the suburb close to his home, but decided to put in a private offer on another house in Mclintock and that's still in play.

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

not great, same as Perth in general IMO
    I am talking primary residence only not investment, I personally would not be buying.

Observer and Perthguy like this.
  8. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I get it now you are calling me a liar because I said that's about the seventh new house at the 1.3 plus million mark in the suburb.

But your mistake is that you assumed I said sold, when I never did.
    If you read my later post you will see what I meant.

People buy in that suburb, demolish and then put a mansion up. That mansion and block of land then has a value of 1.3 million plus, that's all I said. The proof of what I say is that somebody paid 1.5 million for a property like that recently and before then a couple who wanted their kid in The school two minutes down the road and next to the park, paid 1.3 million from memory and that was in about 2012?

Take a google street view drive and see how many new houses were being built in 2013? and things have changed since then but Google needs to update street view.

9. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Boeman, I'm guessing you are saying Hepburn Rd bad from coastal suburbs. I get on Hepburn most mornings from Wanneroo Rd side and it's fine.

Aconis, is this from coast or Wanneroo rd side? I'm thinking it may be bad from both sides?

I had a budget of $700,000 to $800,000 a year ago and was looking around these northern suburbs and didn't want to Reno. If you are prepared to Reno there are opportunities there. I had to go further inland for what I wanted. My preference was the low end of my budget. I thought about Mandurah area too but decided too far

Last edited: 28th Jul, 2016
  10. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I saw your signature mentioning puppy mills, I had not considered this before. Thank you for educating me about it.

MTR likes this.
  11. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

This is such an intriguing thread o_O old mate flogging a dead horse to spruik a suburb that op isn't interested in.

Good luck OP ...if you're still with us!

I'm not to familiar with perth but study up and look for more premium type suburbs you can get into with your budget. Some good suggestions have been made

S-Star, Flipper and Perthguy like this.
  12. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I remember that part of the problem with the freeway was that incoming to CBD at leedervile people did not speed up once the lanes multiplied but carried on driving slowly in fast lanes, many people used to exit and then return onto the freeway just up from Stirling and in general idiots in Goverment don't look to Germany for a good example of road systems and trucks should not be on right hand lanes or on freeways at all during peak hours. Plus speed limits are to low so nobody can get anywhere before the next car hits the freeway, plus right hand side emergency lane is used for stopping instead of being illegal like in first world countries, plus Australians don't do the internationally renowned scientifically developed and proven K53 method of driving. That's why there is traffic on the freeways, stupidity.

13. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Title of the thread is where to buy in WA is that correct?

Great then I am on topic and you are worthy of eating the good oranges I used to buy in Toodjay.

MTR likes this.
  14. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Read the first post and stop dribbling

15. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I think you are also assuming to much, there are no doubt opportunities to buy at the 700k mark if you search for them in the suburbs I mentioned. Karrinyup, Carine.

Your horse is a tall one.

16. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Year 10 completed?

17. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Read my posts again. If you can? I am on topic and giving the guy the best investment advice in his life. The suburbs I mention are in his price range but certain pockets aren't, but guess what will happen next after the pockets rise?

Do you get it yet or are you still confused?

18. Aconis

Aconis Well-Known Member

Before Ocean reef it is 3 lanes going into 2 between Ocean reef and Hepburn, then back to 3.
    A bottleneck from all those north of Ocean reef plus all the extras trying to get on at Ocean reef and Whitfords.
    Wanneroo residents would primarily get on at Ocean reef and some mornings it queues back down past Woodvale.

19. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

If you read my post no 24 I said that one should buy the south facing backyard blocks. I meant buy the North facing backyard blocks on Gamble Way or Mclintock. But Gamble way is the better street as the north facing backyards have nice views over the suburb towards the Trigg reserve and it's a much quieter street near the park.

20. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

The north of the River suburbs are generally preferred due to the fact that it's warmer. Paradoxically it's Mt Lawley that gets the fall out from Kwinana. Karrinyup is clean ocean air.