NSW Where to buy in good old sydney (<$660k townhouse/villa)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by eitherrideordie, 18th Feb, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. eitherrideordie

eitherrideordie Member

Hi all, hoping to buy a townhouse/villa as my first home! I know its not a huge amount of money but I'm hoping to stay closer to $650k due to stamp duty.

Any great suburbs anyone recommends I look at? So far I'm checking toongabbie, wentworthville, St Marys and Mount Druitt.

Would love something under 1.25 hours to the city through public transport with 2 bedrooms and I love alive suburbs as I live in central Sydney now (I know many people prefer secluded and quiet) but I'm also hoping for safe.

Future prospects, I guess I just want to live there and work from home 75% of the time, maybe in 10/15 years time I might move or purchase an investment property.

Thanks for any help!

2. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I almost bought a townhouse in punchbowl as a ppor but I decided for something else as an investment but this townhouse was walking distance to the station and it was really nice and the complex was really nice I think that it probably went up to over 700 because this was at the start of 2021 but now with Sydney cooling you may be able to pick something up like that again and with the metro coming in.
    I think the south-west has a lot of accessibility and a lot of value.
    The particular complex that I'm referring to head nice gardens around it it just had a really nice vibe of course not every unit townhouse complex around there is like that but I found it completely liveable and I'm not of the demographic normally around that area

3. eitherrideordie

eitherrideordie Member

Thanks for this, it helps a lot and really opens things up a bit more in regards to purchasing especially around that area. I'm really starting to think a lot of the time it can depend on the street and things around instead of the whole suburb. Especially with a lot of possibility in the south-west area. Thanks again mate!

Whitecat likes this.
  4. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

No worries. Start having a look around. Dont have fomo. Just find a nice complex and get a townhouse at the end if you can. Then you have a better courtyard. more private.

5. Cate81

Cate81 Well-Known Member

I like St Marys and Wentworthville from your list.

6. eitherrideordie

eitherrideordie Member

Thanks for this, these ones are ones I like too! I'll definitely be looking at these as a bit of a higher priority also as I have high hopes for the area.