Where to buy for high net cashflow

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Luckysingh20, 4th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Apologies,
    I misread rent at $250 pw
    $18,200 rent

$7875 repayments
    $868 Rates
    $2680 BC
    $850 Water
    $300 Insurance
    $1547 PM fees @ 8.5% Inc gst

$4080 Cashflow positive,
    excluding maintenace, vacancy

Last edited: 11th Jun, 2020
    Todd and Blueskies like this.
  2. Ryoka

Ryoka Well-Known Member

3. Ben20

Ben20 Well-Known Member

You forgot to deduct tax and PM fees. Even assuming 100% vacancy rate and no maintenance, the net cash flow may still turn out to be neutral only.

4. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

For high net cashflow, I'd be looking at stocks instead.

SMTY likes this.
  5. Ben20

Ben20 Well-Known Member

But wasn’t OP talking positive cashflow for P&I, and not IO only?

6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

put it this way,
    they were talking about high NET cashflow, you might get lucky and have a zero vacancy and zero maintenance year, but on average you wont

so your net cash flow is going to be severely affected by events, !k cash flow vs 1.5k cashflow isnt much difference in the grand scheme of things

7. NickWCBA

NickWCBA Well-Known Member

8. M_Chad88

M_Chad88 Member

Interest is $500 per month so $6000pa @2.82% 214k lend. It's P&I so $880 per month.
    No management fees I manage it myself. I get to actually meet them and do check personally so haven't had any issues.
    Tenants pay water.
    BC fees $2680pa
    Council rates = $1,161
    Insurance $150
    Rent = $18,200

So yes it cashflows. You're right, not anticipating capital growth on this one, others that are doing that leg work.

Right near major public transport, 3km to CBD, and within sought after school zones (Adelaide High and Adelaide Botanic High). Rented with 4 days of settlement on the first go.

Empire, craigc, punti and 4 others like this.
  9. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    These run at @16 K CF+ using 2.89% IO, and at @ 2K CF+ using 2.89% P&I . So its possible...

DJI_0006.jpg DJI_0011.jpg

LibGS likes this.
  10. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

You can't find cashflow positive on P&I plus costs (from day one) because they generally don't exist in the larger cities on standard resi houses.

I'm taking Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, etc.

11. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

if you do the sums on this you would find its probably only a NET return of 2 or 3% based on FULL purchase price using CASH
    so not worth it unless you think you will get capital.growth as well
    its also hard to borrow for stuff like this so the leverage factor is almost out of play

Also whyalla.stuart is the most average area in Whyalla and 1 bed units in country towns always atract the most average tenants - so your tenant pool will.be rubbish and vacancjes high
    A duplex that was converted into a house just sold in whyalla stuart for approx 70k - that might have been a good buy as with a bit of elbkw grease and paint you could probably achieve $300 per week rent - about 20% return
    which is where you need to.be for.any meaningful cashflow

Beano likes this.
  12. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

FWIW i think Whyalla vacancies are aboit to get extremely tight

Last time whyalla supply vs demand l(for rentals) looked like this was just before the anticipated olympic dam expansion which was canned.
    Problem back then was that developers went crazy pre decision and flooded the markwt with new homes which Caused a big oversupply

Plenty happening in Whyalla at the moment and near future which i wont go into

Cousinit and M_Chad88 like this.
  13. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    where are you taking them? :)

TMNT and Niche like this.
  14. Sad2

Sad2 Member

Positive cashflow properties are out there, generally not in residential housing (unless you can add a granny) and as previously stated, theyre also harder to find in major cities. For the best returns you need multiple rents from the same property (unit blocks/office buildings/storage units/duplex/4plex etc).A quick-ish way I find them is by using the 1% rule. They are there, you just need to know what to look for.

15. Sad2

Sad2 Member

I just found one that meets my criteria in SA, 5-9 conroy st, port augusta. 12 unit complex askin price $850,000 rental return $2620 per week (contacted agent for this) which is $10,480 per month ($125,760 annually). More than meeting 1% rule. Still quickly calculating, id then use the 50% rule on expenses. Cut rental return by 50% that would usually cover expenses. $125,760 ÷ 2 = $62,880 (NOI).The property is commercial which would generally mean a higher deposit, 30 - 40%. 30% of $850,000 = $255,000. Which brings the loan to $595,000 plus closing costs. Using a mortgage calculator paying down interest (4%)and principle over 30 years your annual payments will be $34,373.88. Leaving you with $28,506.12 per year, $2,375.51 monthly, $593 per week. Knowing all this i'd then look into it further. Where will I get deposit etc. Risk vs reward. Due diligence. It doesnt need to be this property either, there are a few out there this is just a quick way I find them then decide wether to pursue it further or not.

Cousinit, wilso8948 and Ben20 like this.
  16. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Net Yield 7.1% borrowing cost 3.4% more than half of the income is profit
    Is there much management on your side?

Cousinit and wilso8948 like this.
  17. Sad2

Sad2 Member

This was just an example. Management will be dependent on your goals and location

Cousinit likes this.
  18. Sad2

Sad2 Member

Cousinit likes this.
  19. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Cousinit likes this.
  20. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Hotel Chino - Woolloongabba:

The property consists of 38 Studio apartments and 6 One bedroom apartments only.

There is a full information memorandum on the property including, some photos , floor plans and plates and the last 3 years profit and loss statements as well as the records of income.

The property is for sale at $6,300,000
    The Herron Todd White valuation came in at $8,000,000.

I am more than happy to send you the links for the memorandum and valuation.

Worth looking at ?

Cousinit likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia