VIC Where to Buy an IP in Melbourne Middle ring suburbs with 800k budget

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ACC, 25th Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ACC

ACC New Member

Hi Guys , newbie here on PC forum . I am looking to buy an investment property in Melbourne . The thought process per below . 1. Looking to invest 800k with capital growth prime factor to invest. - looking for a standing house with at least 500 Sqm of land 2. Looking to buy in Melbourne middle ring suburbs ( with in 10-15km from cbd ). 3. Looking to hold properly for long term +10 yrs 4. I do have an IP in melb west and therefore trying to diversify - Thus looking at NE suburbs like Viewbank / Rosanna / Montmorency/Yallambie /watsonia etc Appreciate your thought on NE suburbs of Melbourne considering NE link project or if you see any other Option in Melbourne middle ring suburbs with in 800k range ? Thanks in advance

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Those subs are fine IMHO - just don't buy on over/under/next to the NE link!

The Y-man

ACC likes this.
  3. Triton

Triton Well-Known Member

The only houses in Rosanna in that price range are run down places on Rosanna Rd. 139 Rosanna Road, Rosanna, Vic 3084 https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-vic-rosanna-134027682

Since it's for investment and not PPOR, might not be such a bad idea. There are also lots of apartment, townhouses going up on Rosanna Rd.
    You will also get into good primary and secondary school catchments.

4. ACC

ACC New Member

Thanks - yes I also notice that with 800k budget +500 Sqm land , you will get a lower end property . Agree with your comment ref to school catchment - another option I am looking at is Watsonia which is 100-150k lower than viewbank /Rosanna