where to buy 2 properties for 600K

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by yoyo_guitarist, 30th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PeterCr

PeterCr Well-Known Member

Elizabeth East, Elizabeth Grove and Elizabeth Vale would be the ones to keep an eye and see if there is anything that catches your interest. The prices have seen some upward moves in those areas and they are in the affordable category. I think Yields are not bad either. You may want to speak to some of the local agents and see if there are any specific areas/streets to avoid. In a decade you may have the opportunity to thank your brave self or may be not :)

yoyo_guitarist likes this.
  2. Branden

Branden Well-Known Member Business Member

No problem, across those three states I would look at:
    Brisbane- Logan area, Moreton bay area (might be too expensive now), and potentially the Ipswich area.
    Adelaide- Salisbury area, Christies surrounds and maybe parts of Elizabeth for a cheaper option.
    Perth- There are a few decent suburbs for your price range though you might find higher demand in the other two states currently.

I hope this helps.

3. yoyo_guitarist

yoyo_guitarist Well-Known Member

then thanks much appreciated, I will have to roll the sleeves up and start to dig around a bit in these area's

4. Hopeing

Hopeing New Member

Hi Bundaberg worth a look.

5. yoyo_guitarist

Ok thanks for that, would you say in that order? I do have the one in Logan (Waterford West) already.

I think Christie beach and Salisbury are getting a little much but perhaps not.

What is the likely hood of the Elizabeth region ever turning half reasonable?

Cheers

6. BG81

BG81 Member

7. Branden

Branden Well-Known Member Business Member

No problem. It is more of a generalisation so no not in any particular order. If you already have one in Logan you could look elsewhere to diversity your portfolio. While I think Elizabeth will gentrify, it will take time.

8. skater

skater Well-Known Member

As someone who has held more than double that amount, I can tell you there are not that many headaches at all. Most of my portfolio has been in 'rubbish' areas as well. The key here is to keep them well maintained and have a good PM. Have had just as many headaches from more expensive properties in 'good' areas.

9. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Elizabeth suburbs are lower socio. Homes are cheap, yields are high. There's some nasty people around, but there's also some good ones. If buying here, know what you're buying and get a good PM.

OMG! Gagebrook! That is definately one area to stay away from.

10. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

As per Skater , we have over that number in cheap areas , just need a good PM .

We had two " Nice " units in Mosman . Panoramic views . Made a nice gain when we sold them , but a big part of why we sold was they were responsible for around 90 % of our management problems . Opinionated neighbours who wanted things their way .

Sheese . And all in one property . No diversification . You have problems with that if there's an issue .

Cliff

alanyin and skater like this.
  11. PeterCr

PeterCr Well-Known Member

Herdsman Cove and Bridgewater too - its not for faint hearted

12. bythebay

bythebay Well-Known Member

@Brett1709 how’s your search going? Have you found anything worth looking into?

13. yoyo_guitarist

Hello no still looking and doing research so hopefully son enough

bythebay likes this.
  14. showtime94

showtime94 Well-Known Member

So you can still find properties in logan for 300k ? I thought they all were 350k now. Thats good

15. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

My houses in the North West, Inner West and Lower North Shore of Sydney are the WORST repeat WORST for tenant issues. Everyone up there is stuck up and many tenants think that because they live in the "posh" areas they are entitled to some extent. Biggest headaches ever!!!!!

The BEST tenants in my personal experience of owning a portfolio that once extended 25+ properties across good and bad suburbs I'd choose the "Blacktowns" and "Mt Druitts" tenants each time. They are down to earth and they are reasonable. Never had payment issues either.

Had a Lower North Shore tenant threaten me saying they would stop paying me rent. I kicked them out not long after. This was several years ago now.

Last edited by a moderator: 25th Jul, 2021
    Anen likes this.