Where is Nathan Birch Buying ?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by yoyo_guitarist, 30th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. yoyo_guitarist

yoyo_guitarist Well-Known Member

Hi team, some of you may of heard of Nathan Birch, a buyers agent located in Sydney.
    Curious to know has anyone picked up on or could share where he is buying right now ?

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

He was into bitcoin last I saw

NickWCBA and MyPropertyPro like this.
  3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

You could probably pay Nathan something like $15K to find out directly from him where he recommends?

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Do you want to know so you can avoid buying there? :rolleyes:

Pingu1988, Lauren350, kierank and 4 others like this.
  5. yoyo_guitarist

yes I could and possibly I might go down that path. If you had 300k cash in the bank cow would you invest it.

was thinking buying 6 -to 8 250k properties ?

6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Got a lot more than $300k in the bank, and don’t give a flying fig where Nathan Birch wants to invest.

I would suggest that you learn what is a good investment if you’re looking at purchasing 6+ properties. BA fees will eat up a lot of capital.

Pingu1988, Tyla, kierank and 2 others like this.
  7. Josh Desmond

Josh Desmond Member

@Brett1709 If I had $300k sitting around in the bank doing nothing I would certainly invest it so I believe you have nailed step #1.

How, well it really comes down to your strategy and what you want from your investment, E.g. High Capital Growth or Cash Flow or a more balanced portfolio. Fortunately, you might just be able to have and eat your cake at the moment given some opportunities around the country. Personally, I would target a few balanced options in the $500k-$700k market but that is just me. Everyone has different levels or risk and varying income levels to support their chosen investment strategy. Best Wishes and Good luck!!

8. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Please stay away from Nathan.

if you do some research on the forums or around the internet you’ll see many stories. You have a decent amount to start accumulating quality property

Nathan will have you with 6-8 $200k ***boxes in the sticks and take a healthy fee for every IP you sign on to.

skater and Rich2011 like this.
  9. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I heard he was buying units in Gladstone during the boom, now many of them are lucky to sell at half the purchase price... :eek:

10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

... and stamp duty - and legal costs ... and no idea where the heck you're going to buy $250,000 solid investment properties in this day and age.

Perhaps house and land packages on the outskirts of secondary cities, but you'd also have to qualify with the bank for the balance - and the banks are really strict on their lending requirements atm

11. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

250k for houses in Brisbane no good?

12. yoyo_guitarist

Ok mate that sounds reasonable, where would Yuit be targeting? Could you buy multiple at once ?

13. yoyo_guitarist

What you do the Lizzie 300k cash and I said invest this in the current market?

14. PropDir

PropDir Well-Known Member Business Member

LOL.

15. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Provided you have the serviceablility.

16. Josh Desmond

Josh Desmond Member

Hi @Brett1709, Assuming you have the required servicing to repay the mortgages (which will be generating an income anyway) I fully expect you can buy at least 2 high performance properties at once, and look to reassess once they have settled.

Again, it's about strategy and what fits well with your current portfolio if you have one. If this is your starting point, I would buy 1 property in Brisbane and 1 in Newcastle.

The first thing I would do if I were you though is to see a highly reputable mortgage broker and get your finances and structures sorted so that you know what you are playing with and make the best decisions you can based on a level of factual information. We are really guessing at this stage based on the information known and that's not healthy in supporting you to make good long term decisions.

17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I have no idea what you just asked, but will assume it was "what would you do"?

I am at a different stage of life, so personally I would use it to pay down debt as we head into retirement ... but ... if I were at the beginning of our journey I would use it to buy a run down property in the best location i can afford (using barest deposit and rest in offset) - live in it while renovating - rent it out - take my monies out of the offset and and move onto the next property.

But everyone is different. You need to decide what sort of investing works for you, what skills you can bring to the table, what is your end goal (work this out first and calculate backwards what you need to do to get there), how can you value add, acknowledge that "time in the market" is your friend... and do not over extended! We overextended by getting greedy and buying to much on slim margins, around 17 years ago, and nearly lost everything.

We've done everything from renovate, flip, build, vendor finance, subdivide, hold and, if I had my time again, 22 years ago I would've bought those units in merewether for $100,000 (rented for $140/wk) and just held the buggers (now worth $550k and renting for $500wk)

The best properties to buy are good, basic, stock standard and bordering on boring properties ... those that people "move up to" when times are good and "down to" when times are tight.

Location is everything. Don't be fooled into buying the flashest house in a dodgy neighbourhood or buying your dream home that rents for a fraction of a return or buying something in the sticks, where no one wants to live, just because it was cheap. Be careful not to over capitalise for your suburb ... stone benchtops are essential in Hamilton but a waste of money in Glendale.

Now that we're older, we're buying and building "no maintenance" townhouses

Hope that helps

Last edited: 2nd Dec, 2020
    Pingu1988, NSWelshman, Player and 3 others like this.
  18. yoyo_guitarist

Hi Lizzie, thanks for taking the time to explain that. And yes that was what I was trying to say haha. You certainly seem like you have delved into a lot of different projects, that's great.

I think I will stick to buying "The best properties to buy are good, basic, stock standard and bordering on boring properties" As don't have the temperament to renovated after doing our house reno just yet, perhaps later.

Keep up the good work!

Lizzie likes this.