NSW Where in Sydney will outperform from 2016-2020?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Steven Ryan, 30th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Sorry Amberlee

I'll disagree

I've been working in God's own county / The insular peninsular for the last 8 years . Hear it all the time

Cliff

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Maybe both parts (North and South) are so insular (?inbred?) they don't hear stuff from the other side of Sydney!

Perhaps the gene pool is a little different in those parts of Sydney too. Lol.
    (Sorry! Just a joke). :D

WattleIdo and meme plecko like this.
  3. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

MANLY !!:cool:

4. neK

neK Well-Known Member

So late last year I was bidding for a unit in the same complex that a forum member owns.

Bid up to $555k, and pulled out because i didn't think it worth anymore than that.

It was 2 bed, 1 bath, no car spot, and possibly a high Strata bill due to the pool being fixed up.

Anyway, that sold for 585k after the winning bidder bid against herself.

Been following the auction the results and this unit in marrickville (not dulwich hill) that's closer to the station (2 bed 1 bath 1 car), sold for $540k over the weekend.

Sold Price for 9/3 Ann Street, Marrickville NSW 2204 - 2012584092

Obviously one is not reflective of the market, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the next few sales.

5. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Wow - that is one bland unit!

A great example of a property that would have benefited significantly from staging

6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

@See Change When will the NB bargains start appearing? Are they already starting to pop up?

Agree they are the insula peninsula and are a special breed! They'll never get real will they? That's soooo Western suburbs!:eek:
    I've never seen anything like Mona Vale woolies, dress code- sunnies on and no shoes! Wtf NB!??

7. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

I bought a one bedder in that block last year for $370K. A small flat, but with a much better aspect. That block is in a great position. I reckon $540K is about right. But I expect prices to come off when some of the new stuff being built locally comes onto the market later this year.

Scott

8. neK

neK Well-Known Member

@Depreciator out of curiousity, what kind of depreciation would one expect to get from that older style unit?

Whitecat likes this.
  9. vtt

vtt Well-Known Member

@Amberlee I completely agree with your assessment.

The east and inner west will continue to do well, particularly well located, quality properties. The properties classed as inner west but under the flight path have been doing well recently as people are forced to consider these as options since the well located properties have grown by a disproportionate amount. When we see a further softening of the market we will see these flight path properties continue to increase but not at the same rate as their well located peers.

As for the south, I also agree that areas such as Brighton Le Sands, Monterey and Ramsgate are well positioned but under valued. I believe this is due to the lack of transport infrastructure (no train line nearby and unreliable bus system) and the high unit to house ratio. These areas have a lot of older 60s/70s style unit complex and a high aged population (though I don't have stats on that) - I believe this area will grow though in the next 10-15 years.

And Gods Country definitely refers to the Sutherland Shire!

Amberlee likes this.
  10. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

Bugger-all. That's a technical term. My one has an old upright stove, an older range hood, some awful vertical blinds, a dodgy fan in the bathroom and a small, old, HWS. The floors in that building are parquetry, so no depreciation in them. And there are no Assets in the common areas (and no improvements).
    That two bedder has had a kitchen put in and would have had a paint, so depreciation in the first full year might be around $2,000 and will fall away from there. But nobody buys flats like that for the depreciation.
    Scott

11. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

For historical purposes:

[​IMG]

12. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

We're looking at selling one unit on the northern beaches . No sign of bargains yet , if anything the opposite . for Example Manly stock levels are still at a very low level with the number of listings in Dec / Jan being the lowest two months in recent years , feb ticked up but is still around the level of last feb and the sqm graph is still trending down .

Lots of buyers so absolutely no bargains there ..... :cool:

BTW , re dress code at Mona Vale Woolies , you forgot to mention the bikini's or board shorts

Cliff