Where can I find historical rental prices for specific suburbs?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by jaybean, 9th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I'm trying to map out my medium term plan and have most of what I need to create my model - historical inflation, price growth, interest rates etc. The only thing I'm missing is a sense of where my rental income will be in 5 years time. Can anyone help?

2. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

Try oldlistings.com.au , however it only has the specific listed rentals per property for each street in the suburb you are searching.

3. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

@jaybean sounds fun!

If you are using free data - then the residex free suburb report has a rental and price history table and graph going back 10 yrs - quite useful. Because of the format you will have to input any data manually I think it would be difficult to scrape or export (but Im not very tech so maybe you can) Just be careful about assuming past figures are directly applicable to the future. Also consider current vacancy rates, any coming housing stock, and social and demographic trends to make any future predictions.

4. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

... I should add that is only suburb median rental data, which I think is what you are after. If you want specific property rentals I think you may need paid data, ie pricefinder can search rentals by property/suburb/street etc going back 24 months I think.