Where are we going with this?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Pumpkin, 26th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Probably people reading something funny.

Colin Rice likes this.
  2. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Hanson.. What a lizard..
    That's why she has had some success in politics, because politics is meant to be a rational calculated regime. But parties and politicians such as her, trump, palmer, lamby etc tickle at the irrational fear nerve and win votes on a pure emotional basis. Fear of loss, fear of difference, fear of change, the ego of nationalism - nostalgia of what we were times ago.. All that crap..
    People are infatuated with America. To me they are the most frightening empire in the world. Far worse than Korea or China or Russia.

Russia in fact has banned every and all GMO foods or additives. How can they be called backwards?

The war in Iraq, petrodollar, Syria, all these false flag events. The Orlando shooting - gun reform is a big issue in us at the moment, and they a terrible incident happens to a minority group such as homosexuals, perfect building block to push gun reform again..
    Gun reform is much bigger issue than just annual shootings.
    The government is worried because too many hicks have ar-15 and ak47's.
    There can never be real martial law in America with so many powerful weapons for the people to fight back with.

Huge fact is that America spends 50% of every tax dollar on its war machine.. Yet its people are suffering, poverty, no health care...

Now axis teens in melbournes west with home invasions...

I don't listen to the noise caused by the event, but the whispers surrounding it, that is where the truth is..

This is why I don't listen to the radio or watch free to air tv, it is constant subtle, incremental manipulation.. People don't think for themselves, we like to be told what to wear, who to like and what to hate. They position us to agree with their adgendas etc..
    How in our right minds did we agree to a war in Iraq or Afghanistan? To chase a bloke around the mountains in caves... Someone who is family friends with the president himself..
    Or 9/11. Building 10 drops and was not even hit, pillars of the towers cut, building sold and insured for billions 2 months prior to the attack. Us government 3 trillion debt maturing for payment, wiped - pentagon and tower 10 done..

It's the golden rule of slavery:
    You can't force anyone to do anything, they have to want to do it..

There is also fluride in water - the pineal gland..

Some may say I should be wearing a tinfoil hat, maybe, but if you can switch off from the media for some time, things that you swallowed all these years start to look strange.
    I've touched on too many issues I know, disjointed post, I apologise m..
    Meal Gibson - conspiracy theory.. Lol

Azazel and Colin Rice like this.
  3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

"The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous."

Colin Rice likes this.
  4. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Some would say that this is the only thing keeping the US economy afloat!

5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

And if this is accurate, it's pretty scary. They have to pay that debt back one day surely:

6. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Except it's not 50%, but 16%. Meanwhile US Medicare, Medicaid CHIP etc (read low income health care) is at 25%.

[​IMG]

geoffw and Terry_w like this.
  7. Greyghost

Last edited: 31st Jul, 2016
  8. Special order

Special order Well-Known Member

I was in Dahab Egypt, when El Qaida bombed Sharm el Sheik killing 88 people in 2005,

There will always be disagreement in this world as long as there is independence, best to chin up and make the most of every moment you have left.

geoffw and Terry_w like this.
  9. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

A couple things:
    • the first link is related to budget spending for the 2011 financial year. Even so this is the peak of defence spending as a percentage of budget at 24.36% (FY12: 20% FY13: 23% FY14:17% FY15:16%)
    • the "53%" figure isn't the WHOLE budget figures, but what's called "discretionary spending" - this is the portion of the budget which the POTUS has direct influence over and represents less than 1/3rd of total expenditure for the government. The news source you've lifted that piece from doesn't want to be completely transparent and openly explain that of course, as they're an anti-military organisation. ;)
    To give perspective - here's a breakdown of that years expenditure:

[​IMG]

HUGH72, Phantom, SerenityNow and 2 others like this.
  10. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

What does that even mean?

if you live in fear of a terrorist attack in a country where you are about 1000 times more likely to either kill yourself or be killed by a partner or family member then I'm not sure what to say to you.

SerenityNow and geoffw like this.
  11. Greyghost

So what's your point? That my stat was incorrect, as I said discretionary budget or full federal budget..

Did you just wish to pick a stat out of my post and scrutinise it? Thanks for taking the time to do so...
    Regardless of what figure you want it to be, the level of spending to satisfy the "war on terror" is unjustified and a lie. Whatever % you choose doesn't change that fact.

12. lewy89

lewy89 Well-Known Member

Surprised you didn't touch on chem trails or vaccinations, or the moon landing...

13. Greyghost

Or religion and the holocost as well?

Big of a blanket statement there bud... I spose ignorance is bliss!

14. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Don't get me started ;)
    They should all be banned.

15. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.
    Yep, a whole different thread.

16. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

If the terrorists had good PR, they would go after the pedo priests. Might get some new fans.

17. Greyghost

I wasn't bringing religion or the holocost into question, I was just stating that the other member threw a blanket over my comments because I raised specific issues.

18. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

This is true but if you are aware that you are being manipulated, you can make a decision not to be.

Pokémon Go.

You don't have to switch off from the media to know there is something wrong. Things have been looking strange to me for a long time.

Greyghost likes this.
  19. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Im curious re your Pokémon go reference, whats your take on it?

20. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Nothing deep. I was just watching the news and saw hundreds of kids wandering around King's Park engrossed in catching imaginary electronic creatures. In a way they could be considered 'slaves' of the game but they are willing participants, hence the reference. I don't see anything sinister in it though, unlike actual slavery. My reference is more about being willing participants. The other side is that it is getting kids outdoors and moving around. I see this as a good thing. Better than being couch potatoes.

It does interest me the amount of brain power being dedicated to what many would consider an pointless pursuit. I find it vaguely disconcerting.