when to dig in and hold your ground

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by mgmgrand, 3rd Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I have never made a cash offer, nor excluded conditions except at auction, and never found any real need to deviate from the normal settlement period/s.
    Well, I think your way off the mark or irritated either the agent or the vendor or both if they are increasing the price.

Your having a wild guess at why they have to sell and financial pressure, and what may have transpired, maybe your right, but still....

The thing is, they are under no obligation to sell to you, they may prefer to lose money rather that just do as you want, as a seller, I could not care less what someone things a sale price should be. It is my problem if I do not get my price, and if I was way out, time is required to adjust thinking and this can be of any length, depending on person/s involved.

Your conditions are not attractive at least to me on the surface, a short settlement may well mean the vendor has to rush, the deposit is a moot part of this unless it will be released (and I do not think they are under the pressure you assume) 7 day building and pest means your off the hook if you like.

Frankly, I think I know why they are brushing you off, at a guess,what are you, 20-30-40% under asking ?

kierank likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia