When selling is the extra money worth it for the re.com.au premier package?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Whitecat, 18th Dec, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Seems to be 3 times the cost at $1800

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I thought the prices might be suburb dependent. The more upmarket the suburb, the more the price for a premier listing is jacked up. I suppose they could do that for even a basic listing, really.

3. Whitecat

What I'm enquiring about is the effectiveness. Does it make that much of a difference to how much attention a property gets

4. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Yes - unless there is like 2-5 properties ever in the suburb for sale it does make a difference.

Whitecat likes this.
  5. 738

738 Well-Known Member

Bigger the advertisement the better.

Whitecat likes this.
  6. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We've used it the past few times we've listed a property for sale. It keeps it on the first page, and even if there are a lot of premium listings, my understanding is that it slips down the list and is rotated back to the top so it never slips into the second page and stays there (or lower) like a regular listing does.

With statistics showing many people never get past page two, this means paying for the premium was something we elected to do to get as many eyeballs on our listing as possible.

Whitecat likes this.
  7. Whitecat

I assumed a lot of people sorted by ''newest' i certainly do. Does it only stay at the top when sorted by 'most relevant' (default)?

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

From memory it is always at or near the top. I don’t know what happens if you search “newest” or other ways. I guess it is easy to test out (but not on an iPhone this time of night). o_O

9. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

I recall domain default sorting is "featured". Less than 1% changed the sorting.

10. Whitecat

Ok so not many people must pay the extra then. Even though agents all recommend it as the preferred option? Otherwise everyone would be paying to be on top of everyone who's paying to be on top of everyone else

11. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Both Domain and RE.com have similar features but they will call them slightly different.

There is a thing called 'Top Spot' which is exclusive to a REA and they pay a premium per postcode to have the 'top spot' - if there is more than one listing by that agent it will 'rotate' their listings at top spot and the advert of the listing will still appear further down.

Then there is premium/premiere listing - which all REA are able to offer but typically the vendor pays this premium (via REA) which will rank the other types of listings and will rank them in order they were uploaded but typically will 'refresh' the listing about 2-3 weeks (15 days REA) in making it appear back on top again.

Then there is highlight, feature and standard adverts - in this order but a premium listing will eventually go to a lower type of advert after the premium period ends (you can pay again to redo it as premium again though).

http://sellingguide.realestate.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/VENDOR-Premiere-Property-BUY.pdf

Whitecat likes this.
  12. Litchy64

Litchy64 Member

My PPOR is currently for sale in Melbourne (Knox district). I have been tracking about 15 similar properties in RE.com for 4 weeks now and it would appear that Premium/Highlight listings do attract significantly more page views. Whether that equates to more enquiries is anyone's guess, but it seems logical to me (though not my agent) that it would.

13. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Those priority listings annoy me.
    I search for specifics and then get greeted by listings that are not what I am searching for.