When is a lease binding?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Owlet, 15th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Why are you still with this PM 3 months later?

2. Owlet

Owlet Well-Known Member

This was our new agency. We moved to them at the end of last year after issues with previous management. They have a PR person who promises the world and then hands management over to an inexperienced person. That PM has moved on and we have a new PM at the same agency.
    Why haven't we moved again? - people stuff up and make mistakes. Annoying yes - enough to post about yes but at the end of the day, it is how an agency deals with the stuff ups that I look at. If they are responsive and willing to work out what happened and take responsibility for their errors then I stay.
    I also keep in mind that there are only so many agencies in the area - if I moved everytime there was an issue I would have no one left to go to.

3. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

Did your statement months back state a credit for a bond refund/compensation?

From my end, if a tenant vacates and they're required to pay an invoice for cleaning the statement would look something like what I've attached. You've got two credits coming in, one for the rent and the other a payment for the tenant, then you've got a deduction for this amount from the available funds to pay the creditor. This is an example using a tenant that locked the bathroom door and we charged them for the invoice, but it's still the same process.

It's possible this credit could've been applied and paid to you earlier on, then the invoice payment has come out at a later date. Giving the agent the benefit of the doubt.

If this isn't the case, I'd go back to the agent to see if bond has been settled. If it has, I would be asking they reimburse you for the invoice.

Attached Files:

Tom Rivera likes this.