QLD What's your price?? Alderley Qld

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by markson, 8th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

No chance. Passed in for not passing 900
    Has to be under

Tyler Durden and Phantom like this.
  2. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Based on the creator @Leo2413's rules - Section 9 states -

9. If the property is passed in at auction and doesn't sell, we all have the right to be peed off! Then choose another place. When the 'passed in place' eventually sells, the winner will be recognised

samiam, Sackie and bob shovel like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

A bit more waiting I suspect until a winner emerges. :cool:

4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

And hope you're not in a rush if you ever want to get out of the mall in Indooroopilly.

5. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

Its interesting... we are "hearing" all these anecdotal stories of Brisbane taking off. We are "seeing" data on Residex etc that appears to support low double digit movement, but mortgage purpose valuations are soft...

So are people paying overs , just to get in? Is the market "growth" of 8,9,10% etc, just being driven by speculators? Because bank valuers appear to be saying the market isnt moving....

Usually valuers are quite flexible when there is real evidence that a market is moving...near enough is good enough.

Thoughts?

Whitecat and Tyler Durden like this.
  6. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

I've had desktop
    I would ask you what is any market driven by? Any analysis of current rental yields supports the idea that this market is undervalued relative to the other capitals except Adelaide.
    No 'seeing', the Residex data I posted previously is supported by anecdotal evidence with revals I have had done for houses in middle/inner ring southern suburbs including Sunnybank and Carina, both desk top and kerbside revals.

Not city wide yet and not units, I don't follow the townhouse market so I'm unsure how this has performed recently. There are plenty of suburbs still below previous 2008 peaks in the west towards Ipswich.

I don't think a boom of any sort is likely but further growth is.
    I noted that in another Thread you felt that the Perth market had stabilised, yet current data and comments from posters seem to indicate the market is still falling with high vacancy rates and falling rents?

7. euro73

Yes thats true. I said that because I've seen valuer support for prices over and over again lately. Had not been seeing that throughout 2nd half of 2015 - anywhere.

I have to trust valuers before I trust casual observers who post on the forums. They are on the ground all day , every day. They have access to all the correct data. They are the people banks rely upon before lending. So when I am seeing it from multiple valuer firms, ordered via multiple lenders, across multiple pieces of stock, it tells me the market is stable.

I'm not suggesting Perth is anything other than that though ... still flat, but holding.

Last edited: 12th Mar, 2016
  8. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I know little about Perth, but no need to trust an individual poster, the vacancy rates and rents in both cities tells all that even the most casual observer needs to know.

What I was questioning was your interpretation of where both markets are at presently as it sounded like you were questioning Residex data.

9. euro73

Well I'm asking how others are seeing where both markets are at.... like you are :)

If the forums more enthusiastic and optimistic proponents were to be believed, Brisbane was due to have a huge 2015, yet here we are at almost the first quarter of 2016 and it's barely moved the needle, and in many areas hasnt recovered 2008 peak prices. Moved yes... but enough to be meaningful...doesnt appear so. I own properties in Brisbane and am putting together an NRAS deal for Taringa right now, so I'm particularly interested in it.

Likewise, if the forums more negative proponents were to be believed, Perth was in freefall with no end to the blood letting - yet we have a wide range of valuations telling us the market is flat but not falling off a cliff...

Sitting behind all of this is the impact of credit regulation. I see some who continue to be deliberately defiant in their views, believing it was "just part of the cycle", others who have accepted that it is a very significant structural change, likely to have quite an impact on those cycles, and many who just don't have a clue what any of it really means, and will forever believe that property only ever goes up

I personally expect that one of the consequences of people having access to less money is that it will drive investors to Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth moreso than it would normally... but I have to be honest and tell you I thought Brisbane would have seen a bigger pop by now - inner city apartments being the exception of course. I'm a little surprised it hasn't started the year a little better...

As for Perth - I have started to watch with interest.. as I do like the concept of NRAS there, particularly if the market is bottoming now. It will allow for a good buy in price, it will provide for a 10 year hold strategy with no out of pockets, during which a lot of deleveraging can be effected using the surpluses, and it should be about ripe for some recovery as the 10 years expires...as rental inflation and wage inflation will have recovered all that APRA has taken away, by then.......

Last edited: 13th Mar, 2016
    Whitecat, samiam and ellejay like this.
  10. clint05

clint05 Well-Known Member

Nah I feel I well and truly overshot the mark on this 1.

11. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Hi euro I like your analysis style. I'm keen to hear more from you.
    And Hugh too

12. bob shovel

They are chasing offers over 900k. Comparible sakes in the area would say under is more achievable!
    Screenshot_2016-03-13-08-17-35.jpg

Tyler Durden likes this.
  13. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Well-Known Member

14. bob shovel

Tyler Durden likes this.
  15. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Agree a bit and not on others. You mentioned brisbane ' has barely moved a needle'. There are quite a few brisbane sub urbs that have done good growth not just in 2015 but 2014 as well...the ususal suspects..houses and townhomes predominantly 5-10km of cbd. No surprises here.
    As mentioned in another post, brisbane will not be uniform growth across the board. Quite the opposite- there will and has shown already to have significant differences in cg for suburbs that are fairly close to one another...and hence there would likely be some suburbs that have barely moved.
    Regarding booms..very few people in brisbane believe there will be a sydney style boom..rhe supply-demand is just noy as good as sydney in sydneys heyday that resulted in its boom. Rather brisbane will get moderatr and consistent growth. Eg if a suburb did say 8% growth in 2015, the 2016 wont be much different. .may be 9-10% or a bit more . thats what i mean by consistency in growth. To me, its done as i expected in 2016..slight acceleartion to same time last year but not significantly so. I hope im wrong but doubt it..i just dont see huge number of jobs and very littly supply to chose from that will get a boom. this is what happened in sydney and mel to a lesser degree...Improved over 2014 and 2015 yes absolutely..no doubt..but not enough demand and not constrained by supply enough to have a widespread boom across ythe board.
    Regarding perth, longer twrm fundamentals are strong. Most of the damage has already been done. Maybe small falls remaining ..but not crash comditions by any means...folloed by stagnation unless yhey can pick up non mininh or if mining intl spot prices increase...which eventually it will because its all cyclical. Just that noone knows when. Cant see anything that will spark a turnaround for perth...at least not in short term.

Last edited: 13th Mar, 2016
  16. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I was gonna say $888k but I was too late.
    Might still be in with a chance...

17. R377

R377 Well-Known Member

So @markson can choose another auction this week ?

18. markson

markson Well-Known Member

Ok leave it with me. Will get one up for tonight.

19. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Today I got a land valuation notice on an Alderly property. Yearly increase is 13%.

HUGH72 likes this.