What's your personality?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by g-dub, 21st Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

:)
    I've gone to the middle for the first and second attributes... which I think is a good balance.
    But I'm definitely a thinker and have to work with feeling types... particularly with captaining 2 social volleyball teams, some players who are not so thinking, but work in the feeling sphere (e.g. working in aged care). I have to make decisions for the good of the whole team. Which means that some people mightn't get so much court time and others might have to do something they don't want to do. So it involves some tough decision making, it can make people (who I want good relationships with!!) feel unhappy but I try to make my decisions for the benefit of the whole team, but also I consider that everybody has feelings and that nobody wants to be left out.

So far, so good. My Sunday team is in the final, and Wednesday team is performing extremely well....

2. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Looks like the site has been re-jigged, but your E/I and N/P tendencies are pretty close to 50/50.. it probably wouldn't take much in terms of your responses to swing it either way..

Out of curiosity I took the test again... I'm still an INTJ and this time I'm also -A -T "The Architect"..

3. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I swing to INFJ today (was an S)...

4. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

Yeah that is often another cited criticism of the test - it is not reliable (I mean in a scientific sense - the same person does the test twice and can sometimes get different results).
    I am not sure if the problem is with the test, or the specific questions themselves, or with the whole Myers Briggs concept, or whether you are a fence-sitter and sometimes the results choose a different side, but the lack of reliability is an often cited criticism of MBTI.

Lol SF types make me crazy. Lack of understanding of what is going in in the larger sense combined with making decisions using their feelings based on their lack of understanding just gives me the biggest headache when listening to them. They are the most incredibly nice people though in my experience, but I still can't tolerate them for any length of time.

If I could choose, I would be the middle of the first. I definitely feel like an outsider to humans sometimes, being so introverted.

I love being a NT though. I love analysing things on a conceptual level, looking for holes, seeking the most applicable direction, etc. I am so fortunate that a careers advisor used this test to help me find a new career when I was in my early 20's and in the list of careers to check out, it contained programmer/analyst which is just so much fun for me and I ended up with a job that I actually really like.

The last one is hard to decide because they both have potentially big downsides. Perceivers are more spontaneous but also often find it hard to plan and actually move towards goals. Judgers are good at planning but are often too rigid and I wish I could just be spontaneous and follow whatever happens to me like some other people do. Maybe a middle of the line would be best for this attribute.

Also a big idea is that once you are aware of your weaknesses, you can work towards bettering yourself. For example if you are a P and don't tend to plan or follow through much, you might try some exercises to improve your planning and follow-through skills. It is often said that knowing your weakness is not a reason to accept that you are weak - you can use this knowledge to improve those areas.

Gockie and Perthguy like this.
  5. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

WOW...this does makes sense...."I'll find a way or make one"

upload_2017-3-27_20-31-7.png

6. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I am constantly and consistently ESTP. When I was lolling around at home I was a T and when I moved and started a new job I was an A.
    I also remember answering what seemed like hundreds of questions years ago.
    What I want to know is how to work out other people. I just don't get it right.
    My new boss is really nice but keeps passing on other people's criticisms and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with that. There seems to be no point to it, just passing around negativity. Seems like a waste of energy and she should just keep it to herself or even better, tell other people to stick it. Draining for me.
    @teetotal one of the nicest posters here and yet turns out he's a commander (scary?) We have a lot in common but you are intuituve while I'm observant and you're judging while I'm prospecting, whatever that all means.
    Then all you knowledgable types are actually quiet little intoverts in real life.
    @MTR you're lucky, I'll swap - I would love to be the executive but never can be because not conventional enough (no offense, everyone likes convention including me). And just don't get the J thing.

MTR, teetotal and Heinz57 like this.
  7. teetotal

Thanks @WattleIdo , I think the word 'Commander' has got a negative stigma to it thanks to movies and history.
    I am "finding a way" or "making one" kind of person so that impressed me how the results showed that.

Perthguy likes this.
  8. teetotal

Try finding out what could be the reason for that. "There are bigger portion of icebergs under the water than those visible above".
    We often make our own assumptions about others by looking at how people behave and interact:rolleyes:. Key is to enquire (subtly) that can help reveal the true reasons for someone's behaviour.
    You'll be able to work out other people then ;)

Anthony Brew likes this.
  9. Gockie

Think "Commander" is bad?... I got "Debater"... :(
    sounds much less joyous than what I previously got which was "Virtuoso".

But when I look into the work section for "Debater" I was quite happy with what was written on those pages. So I think debater could be renamed... I don't know to what though.

10. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen what their type matches with in Star Wars and the Simpsons characters?

I got Palpatine and Mr Burns. So depressing!

WattleIdo likes this.
  11. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

upload_2017-3-27_19-34-18.png

One of these...

12. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I dispute that.

13. Perthguy

One? I counted 16 that I am at various times :confused:

14. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

15. Gockie

Cimbom likes this.
  16. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Good results. I wanted to get Yoda :p

17. Gockie

18. Gockie

And today....
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-21-52-04.png Screenshot_2017-05-17-21-52-14.png

19. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Got Logistician ISTJ-A. Seems to be a popular result on this thread.
    gotta look at the numbers.png

20. Perthguy

I was right. I am not an INTP, I am definitely, INTJ. Of course I was right ;)

Something fun popped up on my fb feed. The Definition Of Hell For Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type

The test gave me INTP but I am sure I am INTJ. So having a look at hell for me:

INTP - You are eternally condemned to researching an extremely vapid topic using wildly inaccurate methods, mostly involving interviewing people who have no idea what they’re talking about.

INTJ - Every time you open your mouth to say something intelligent, something entirely idiotic comes out instead.

The second one is my definition of hell. While the first would upset me, it's not my definition of hell.

The Definition Of Hell For Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type

Last edited: 25th May, 2017

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia