What's your personality?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by g-dub, 21st Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

I did the test a while back

INTJ - pretty much spot on.

I also did the Humm Wadsworth test and I think that was a bit more sophisticated.

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Screenshot_2016-11-22-06-12-05.png Mine came out as ISTP-A... previously I thought I was INTP-A, so maybe I've shifted in the past 18 months or so. (Or perhaps my predilection on S and N isn't super strong either way).

In any case... I think ISTP-A suits me to a T. :)

My old SS thread:
    Personality type and jobs

Last edited: 22nd Nov, 2016
  3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I take these tests with a big grain of salt; the human mind and personalities are far too complex to be categorised so simply.
    More likely, id suspect a lot of people would be 50% A, 20% B, 10% C etc...but portions are not an option in such 'tests'...

Perthguy, MTR and Joynz like this.
  4. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Yes - a grain of salt is required. However, this is also where these tests get taken out of context.
    They can, to a degree, identify the 'strength' of a particular trait (extreme or 'soft)
    You need to remember that these are 'preferances'. Your default position if you will. Generally over time, as we learn and gain experiances the individual traits 'soften' and retract further to the middle.
    Again - they are preferances. Just because you are an introvert, doesnt mean you wont sing karaoke.

These 'tests' can be used to demonstrate to yourself what your preferance is. Why you think like you think and can help you to 'moderate' your own behaviours in certain situations. Think of it like a system over ride.

Again - if used in the right context for the right purpose I think they can be useful.

Blacky

5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I've found it helpful in explaining the difference between thinking and feeling responses. I mean, of course I can express my feelings but I am very logical and prefer to respond that way. Sometimes people get offended when I don't consider or care about their feelings. That is true. Sometimes I can't see why they can''t just get over it. Seeing a few personality figures as examples helps put things in context too - within reason - and of course, taken with a grain of salt.
    Also, knowing that you're a risk taker (just as an example) helps you to put more effort into planning and evaluating before taking action.(e.g. how to drive in the Blue Mountains without getting a speeding ticket :rolleyes:)
    I thought I was an introvert but I really do need to be around other people.
    It's always nice to get some objective feedback that rings true for the most part, even if it's not a perfect test.

Perthguy and Blacky like this.
  6. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I was going to say that I am almost certainly on that list. So I did the test and here are the results for fun

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:

LOGICIAN (INTP-A)

The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common".​

Nailed it! :)

the rest is a mix of wow! That is so me and what? Who are they talking about. We tend to focus on what applies to us and filter out the rest. I bet the types who find this 'scarily accurate' are the less logical/analytical personality types? :p

vbplease and Ross Forrester like this.
  7. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

It's like horoscopes - people swear that they really do have the traits of a Virgo etc. It's all in the writing.

Perthguy likes this.
  8. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

ENFP-a "The Campaigner". 69% E, 55% N, 58% F, 52% P, 62% a.
    Amazing how it's so accurate to a particular percentage point... :p

9. Perthguy

To an extent, I think you are right. My personality type is supposedly INTP and when I read the description, I see a lot of myself. However, for fun I read ENTP and that is more accurate. Of course that's if you just consider what is applicable and disregard the rest. I am surprised people take this stuff seriously.

10. dmb1978

dmb1978 Well-Known Member

Hmm, looks like i have psychopath potential too ;)

Perthguy likes this.
  11. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

I think the problem isn't so much that people take it seriously but they misinterpret the outcome.

e.g. Being an introvert doesn't mean that you shy away from people or groups, it just means that you need time alone to re-energise. Extroverts in this sense, tend to feel drained after some alone time and need social contact to recharge themselves.

Everyone has some element of each of the described attributes, E/I, N/S, T/F, J/P, the test is meant to show you which of the attributes you naturally tend towards, and the percentages aren't an absolute, but show you the strength of your tendencies based on your response to the questions.

What I find interesting is how my scores have changed over the years. My "I" score has increased slightly from ~20% to 35% and my "J" score has lowered from about 20% to 12%. My NT has stayed about the same. It feels like it should be "right", but who knows? :)

Blacky, Vultures and Perthguy like this.
  12. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Actually they can be of any "type", though I agree that they're most likely to be a "reasoner". A person with psychopathic tendencies, can be either good or bad. e.g. Most special forces soldiers have psychopathic tendencies, as do serial killers.

People are probably more likely to become successful CEO's thanks to their psychopathic tendencies, they can focus on what's important in spite of external distractions, and get stuff done.

MTR likes this.
  13. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

I Got Entertainer.... Pretty much spot on Haha. At least I think so anyway.

MTR and Perthguy like this.
  14. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

INTJ for Myers Briggs and 7-6-3-4 for Kolbe score :)

15. Vultures

Vultures Well-Known Member

For better or worse, I always test as INTP.

16. Gockie

Can all the "XSXX" 's on the forum make themselves known please?

17. freyja

freyja Well-Known Member

I did this a couple of years ago and I was ISTJ - The Logistican. I think it's accurate for me.

18. Gockie

I did the test again twice today. Both times I got debater. (ENTP-A) But I preferred the description of being a virtuoso though (ISTP-A) (which I got before) so much more. Shattered! :(
    Did something happen to me in the last few months?
    Did they reword the questions?

I guess I'm strongly XXTP-A and I'm somewhat towards the middle for both E-I and N-S. I suppose it's a good thing.... I'm going to be positive and say perhaps i've improved on what could have been past weaknesses?
    image.png

Last edited: 26th Mar, 2017
  19. Perthguy

Maybe you got more argumentative? :)

Nope. It's just nonsense. ;)

Joynz likes this.
  20. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Entrepreneur-ESTP - A

Works for me ;)

Gockie likes this.