whats your handbag worth

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by samiam, 8th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I expected someone to post the "who cares?" post at about post no.3.:p

MTR likes this.
  2. Tillie

Tillie Well-Known Member

How is a thief thinking to make money with the handbags? Surely there are really limited black market to sell them... And the risk getting caught is high

3. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

Tillie...I heard on the radio that it is expected the bags will be shipped overseas, where big money can be obtained for these type of bags.

4. datto

datto Well-Known Member

My handbag cost $45. Not fancy by any means. Still like new as it stays in the closet.

5. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

I have what I would call an expensive handbag, the catch is its actually a "designer" nappy bag. I love it! So much space, one side is dedicated to the toddler and the other is mine.

It was about $200. Had it for 3 years, which is probably the longest I've had a handbag because I usually get some cheapie that falls apart.

freyja likes this.
  6. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

That's the thing eh, Sam. Homies buy some cheap piece of crap, then complain that it doesn't last. Errr... hello! You get what you pay for!

7. freyja

freyja Well-Known Member

My most expensive handbag ever was a nappy bag! It was money well spent but I have no need for one any more. These days a Guess bag is splashing out for me :)

Lil Skater likes this.
  8. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Most things about you stay in the closet.

datto likes this.
  9. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Mine was 29 euro from Germany last year. Love it. Big enough to add a bottle of wine and a glass or two when I have to go to the bikie club meetings and the only beverages available come in cans.

10. Tillie

Tillie Well-Known Member

My handbag is relatively expensive one $500,- and I never would have bought it due to price. My hubby bought it for me as Xmas gift about 5 years ago. It is used everyday and still look stylish and amazing. I love it, especially all the pockets in it. Only way to me to keep my stuff organised. I have a wonderful partner with good taste.:D

11. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Who cares?

Bayview likes this.
  12. Lil Skater

I'm not complaining that they fall apart - I just don't really care about handbags enough to justify spending a fortune.

There's items I do not scrimp on, for neither myself, James or the little one. Namely a good pair of runners, a really warm coat (eh, Melbourne) and since James bought me a stupidly expensive pair of sunnies (about 6 years ago now!) I will never buy a cheap pair again.

My parents were notorious for buying quantity over quality, I went through far too many runners and school bags because of this!

13. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

@Lil Skater which brand for runners? I have had adidas and nike, none last for 2 years
    Big proponent for buying quality items for things you need quality for. My last winter coat lasted for 10 years before getting all the holes.

Just checked with my sister. My apparent I-thought-its-cheap handbag is no less than $200 bought from Italy... o_O

14. Lil Skater

I have Nike - I don't use them nearly as much as I used to (or should for that matter!) but I've still had them for years. I spend most of my time in my thongs though, and I always buy Havaianas now because they quite literally last years and never rub - unlike cheapies. Which might be why my runners last so much longer? In school though I'd go through new runners probably every term.

Benji has Adidas, which last forever and being 3 now he doesn't grow all that quickly, he's had these current ones for about a year (?) and we need new ones because they're getting too small.

It's funny when you think something is cheap and turns out stupidly expensive, I don't get it?

15. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Most of my bags are present, given either by mum or sister (they have better sense of fashion)
    All of the little bags I bought myself are on the $35 mark, which is now retired after I abused it for several years. I always thought that's a normal price.
    I now used one that my sister gave me, a pretty little thing Furla brand. After this thread I checked the website, looking at the price I thought it must be fake. It's not. Maybe I should abuse it less.

Lil Skater likes this.
  16. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Same! In fact, as I don't really care about them that much, I've usually only got one......until it's time to replace it.

Umm.....HELLO!! You may not remember, but firstly, back then we didn't have a lot of money, and secondly, even if we spent more on those things, they would still have looked like crap within a week due to the way you treated them.

As for runners, I've just bought two new pairs. One ASICS, the other ORTHAHEEL, as I have some issues with fallen arches. My last pair of Orthaheel lasted for three years, and I wear them a lot. Hubby, on the otherhand wears though his very fast, and we probably buy new ones for him every 6-8 months.

EN710 likes this.
  17. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Sam, I recommend you check out Bell & Barnett for James (they only do men's clothing). They have excellent, high quality duds - I wear their suits and shirts exclusively - and just wait for them to have sales. In the last six months, I have:
    • Purchased a double breasted wool coat; retails for $600, got it for $240
    • Purchased a blazer; retails for $450, got it for $99
    • Purchased 3 shirts; retail for $110 each, got 3 for $100
    I'm on their mailing list, so I just wait until they send me an email notification of having a sale and it's golden. Honestly, I don't know how they make money.

http://www.bellandbarnett.com/

18. Lil Skater

I do remember that you didn't have much money, I was just saying that I went through shoes and schoolbags stupidly quick and that overall it would've been cheaper (IMO) to buy the more expensive stuff from the start.

MH, some good buys in there! I've sent the link to James, he needs a new suit or two! Thanks :)

19. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Had a laugh on one of our flights recently. There was a lady kicking up a storm that her expensive Louis Vuitton needed an entire overhead locker by itself when someone was trying to place their carry on alongside and threatened to sue the airline if it was damaged in anyway.

The guy who was trying to place his luggage in politely explained to the steward that it was a knock off as the spelling on the bag was Loius Vution.

Mindplay, Lil Skater, wylie and 3 others like this.
  20. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

This is how it was with our boys. They had good quality fitted school shoes, and expensive orthotics to go in them due to having flat feet.

They wore through those leather school shoes quickly... especially when the youngest would slip them on and off like loafers without using the laces if I wasn't watching :mad:.