What's your exit strategy?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Jess Peletier, 14th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

Hmm... I can smell some interesting in-law problems looming. Don't let your daughter run away because of her father... Anyway, we all have to live with the next generation and their final decisions. :D

Last edited: 17th Jun, 2021
    samiam and Sackie like this.
  2. Empire

Empire Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of selling an i.p. and use the equity and current cash savings to buy a ppr outright.
    Once I've got that bagged I'm going to spend money on some luxuries, eg take up golf, upgrade the car.
    Once I'm comfortable again I think I'll go hard-core leveraging up under a company structure.

Jess Peletier likes this.
  3. DoingOK

DoingOK Well-Known Member

Best thing I ever bought. She gave it back when she needed full-time care in a nursing home. Good luck with your son.

Gockie and spoon like this.
  4. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

You are doing ok financially maybe, but you are doing excellently as a son!

Gockie and wylie like this.
  5. Mitchell.Ellis16

Mitchell.Ellis16 Well-Known Member

Don’t entirely agree with the view on schooling. The Public high schools I agree with however the Fredrick Irwin, Mandurah Catholic College, and Mandurah Baptist College (in the order) are fine schools.

6. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Not really. My kids went to two out of the 3 so I have first hand experience. I took my youngest OUT of MBC and put him back in a public school because the bullying was way worse at the private school. But the education in the public school is ****, so it's a bit of a conundrum.

7. Mitchell.Ellis16

I went to MCC my self and have multiple friends that attended Fredrick Irwin all which would recommend so I’m surprised you had an issue

8. skater

skater Well-Known Member

While I can't comment on specific schools or their policy, I presume that nobody WOULD have an issue if they aren't the ones being bullied.

Angel and Jess Peletier like this.
  9. Mitchell.Ellis16

I agree but your not going to get away from bullying of some sort it’s how the school deals with it is more the point. Now the second school wasn’t named but Fredrick Irwin and MCC I would have a hard time believing they would allow bullying to continue if they were made aware from my experience. Once again this my personal experience

10. GoldCoastBound

GoldCoastBound Well-Known Member

Well i started out on Somersoft in 1999 and went heavily into property till divorce 10 years ago where i started out again financially at minus 100k

Met my future wife online and we went on to build & exit 2 large Ecomm businesses in the past 2 years, and will exit our 3rd and biggest brand in 12 months from now, then retire

Thankfully we have been very successful and the dividends from the ETFs we invested in, will be more than we will ever need to travel & do as we wish forever

thank god for the internet, i found a wife & a platform to make a lot of money to be financially free, and show the kids just because you're down, doesn't mean you're out

The Falcon, Tyla, craigc and 14 others like this.
  11. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Given your experience going heavy in property, and then heavy in shares/ETFs, which is your preference?

If the latter, would you personally sell properties and switch asset classes?

12. skater

skater Well-Known Member

My experience as a child. I was bullied in Primary School, not by my peers, but by a child a few years younger than me, and her younger sister. Never AT school, but when we got off the bus. I was tiny, and she towered above me, and would have been more than double my weight. I'm not sure how any school would be able to deal with this.

My oldest daughter was bullied at school because she was tiny (like me) and white. The bullies were Islander Nationality and very large. Because of their race, they were never reprimanded as the school didn't want to appear racist.

My point here is that not all bullying is the same, and sometimes the schools may have difficulty in actually dealing with it.

craigc, The Y-man, samiam and 3 others like this.
  13. GoldCoastBound

hi Lacrim, its just that i am older now and want to live simply in retirement, so ETFs are perfect...i still have some property that i wont be selling though

MTR and Lacrim like this.
  14. VanillaSlice

VanillaSlice Well-Known Member

Your story younds amazing, thanks for sharing...what type of products were your ecommerce businesses were selling ?

15. GoldCoastBound

1st brand Sports, 2nd brand Games, and i always thought a Gifts brand could be huge as our final brand, it turns out i was right

16. DoingOK

DoingOK Well-Known Member

My son recently finished his business/commerce and IT degrees. He want to get into something like this. Not my field so cant help. Any hints for him.

17. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Anything is possible if you are dealing with a reasonable and rational being, in this case, I am not!

Everything is in trust already except the owner-occupier that will be going to her as this will provide stability for my children going forward.

The Falcon likes this.
  18. GoldCoastBound

hello, the cheapest way would probably be the FREEDOM TICKET course within this link to see if its something that interests him

Get Free Access to Freedom Ticket with Helium 10 Membership

19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Do most successful MB retire on trailing commissions??? Or is this very difficult??

20. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Trails have a short half life. You wouldn't be retired long if relying on them alone.

wylie likes this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.