whats up with sydney

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JDP1, 28th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jkat

Jkat Well-Known Member

I think it is all in perspective... I have a friend who lives in London who is visiting and she says she loves how quiet and calm and 'slow paced' Sydney is (compared to London) and another friend who just went back to Darwin who felt completely overwhelmed by the 'rush' of Sydney.

2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

You forgot flannies, ugh boots, and the use of the word of "me" instead of my or mine. :D:p

datto likes this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

They say the people deserve the govt they elected!

The libs in NSW are doing a great snow job...the illiterates in electrorates will whinge it all changes without them realising...

Last edited: 29th Dec, 2015
    datto likes this.
  4. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention that the turn off is just after all of those lost girls with short skirts & midriff tops waiting paitiently by the side of the road wanting a lift.

datto likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

They could've started that snow job earlier this year -skiing in early July was pretty sketchy.

datto likes this.
  7. tilt10

tilt10 Well-Known Member

Sydney is overrated. A cold unfriendly L.A type city full who people who don't make eye contact. Take the harbour out and you have nothing.
    I lived on the north shore for thirty years where it appears as if 90% of home owners are over 60.
    A wild night out on the north shore would involve going to the Oaks for a few beers. Woopi.
    Brisbane and Melbourne leave Sydney for dead as far as livability and life style goes.

WattleIdo and adrian_christian like this.
  8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Ummm... you won't make friends on the forum with comments like this!

9. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

A wild night out on the north shore can only mean a trip to Minskies......hold me close now tiny dancerrrrr

adrian_christian likes this.
  10. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Not with Sydney siders anyway..

But than he may find some friends in Brisbane & Melbourne;)

Gockie likes this.
  11. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

The Buena Vista Hotel in Mosman leads the way as posh Sydney pubs head to the suburbs

12. vtt

vtt Well-Known Member

You should have moved to the Inner West. Completely different lifestyle!

WattleIdo likes this.
  13. tilt10

tilt10 Well-Known Member

I don't have a Hawkeye.

14. neK

neK Well-Known Member

huh? I don't get it.

15. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I love Sydney. I was born in a house in Newtown. I like the different cultures and the fact that it feels world class. Lovely Harbour and beaches. I love the way there's so much sophistication and also like the history of the place.
    When I go there from bne I feel like I've been let out of jail. I feel like I've gone to another country its that much different.
    But imo you have to live in the eastern suburbs or somewhere close to the harbour or you don't really have the lifestyle. I could never afford that for the type of property I want. Eg decent size garden.
    Brutally cold for 8 months of the year though also otherwise i would downgrade my ppor expectation.
    Those positives I mentioned mean nothing to me when it's cold.

In Brisbane i can get a nice pad in a nice central suburb and i always know i will be warm. Si bne wins but syd is also unbeatable for a visit every time.

From an investment pov long term Sidney is a good market to be in

Last edited: 4th Jan, 2016
    Property Twins likes this.
  16. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Lol.

17. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

A lot of the CBD and inner city are very run down and dirty unfortunately but there are some small pockets that do shine through. Biggest issue is a terrible council and hopeless mayor. No real coordinated strategy.

Also a lot of it is inspite of the current council and mayor.

18. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Geez some people love a whinge!.... been to a fair few cities around the world and always come back thinking how lucky I am to call Sydney home.
    World class food, shopping, nightlife in the CBD, world class beaches all along the coast, unspoilt national parks galore and even farmland - all within 40 mins from each other. Not to mention standard aussie stuff like free healthcare, low unemployment, great weather, safety (relative to other major cities), laid back work/life balance, free money from government when you "can't work" or if you're too old or if you have any kind of "disability"....... despite some drawbacks (traffic, public transport, cost of living) the all round lifestyle Sydney offers is undeniably appealing and is clear why people from all around the world are trying to get through the front door..... and many through the back!

lost nomad and Property Twins like this.
  19. CosmicTrevor

CosmicTrevor Well-Known Member

Who would actually live in the CBD anyway? I'm familiar with all of the major CBDs in Australia, there are people that are homeless, drunk, drug affected and suffering from various ailments in all of them. There may be more in Sydney, I have no idea.

I didn't grow up in Sydney and apart from the fact that I hate the traffic and parking - I wouldn't live anywhere else and I'm always glad to get back here.

In 2013 my wife and I celebrated a significant wedding anniversary by holidaying in our own city and I found it fantastic. Food and service was great and there was heaps to do.

Don't judge the place on the basis of a few ferals.

20. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

The North shore is a different country anyway :p, and the harbour and it's rivers are what makes it.....

all large cities migrate away from the holiday feel some capitals may still have.....for now

I was in the US a while ago, and when someone approached us in the street, who was very polite mind you, our guest told them where to go or they would get shot !

I actually think the coldness and people minding own business works well in very populated places & being friendly works better in wider open spaces, but then again, people kill each other over fences when they live kilometers apart too.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia