What's the best service you've ever experienced?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Ace in the Hole, 12th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

As a young couple I remember being ignored at VW and Audi dealerships, probably not helped by my preference to wear t-shirt and daggy shorts :)

Wore a shirt to a Porsche dealership and received excellent service there up until they tried to double-charge luxury car tax and I cancelled my order.

Went to McLaren recently wearing a polo shirt and was ignored until I walked right up to someone and made it clear I wasn't a time waster. I then received excellent service and even a few as-yet-unreleased promo materials from their store room.

Strong first impressions and a deliberate attitude seem to beget better customer service :)

geoffw likes this.
  2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hehe, it sounds funny, but I'm sure it wasn't at the time.
    Glad you got a better than decent outcome.

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Not me but a relative of mine went to japan for a holiday and they couldnt get their toshiba laptop to connect to the internet. Elderly.

They took their 5 yr old toshiba laptop purchased in the usa out of warranty by years.

And when they ran out of ideas they contacted toshiba japan preying that someone could speak English. They got through and the person could. The support person sent a tech out at about 9pm. Guy came over and diagnosed as faulty blue cable. And had one couriered at 9am the next morning. With a folllow up call once the tracking showed the cable delivered to help them plug it in!

All free of charge and out of warranty.

Absolutely amazing

Chrispy, Ace in the Hole and Bayview like this.
  4. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

How do you imply you are there to buy! At a mclaren dealer?

5. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

Walked up to the salesman and asked "540C. How long is the wait list?" which was enough to get his attention :) small chat, handed business card and sports series promo materials, and played with a 650S for a while. Was with a friend who'd never seen a McLaren before and didn't realise he was almost crapping his pants

6. oracle

oracle Well-Known Member

Being in the IT field. I would have to say best service I received is using most of Google's services (Search, Gmail, Maps, Youtube, Drive, Docs, Photos etc.). Some of these services I have used for more than a decade and they have added so much value to my lifestyle. And most important part is I haven't paid a single cent to them. Can't complain at all.

Cheers,
    Oracle.

7. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

I was actually going to mention a 2nd in my opening thread but didn't want to bore everyone.
    My 2nd pick would be our local Lexus dealership.
    We needed a 2nd car to take our little one to school and stuff.
    Browsed for a couple hours some weekends to get a feel for what we wanted.
    Went into the local Lexus dealership at Sutherland and bought a new car pretty much on the spot, no need for test driving and time wasting.
    Well, he asked us what we wanted to pay and we let him know we'll think about it.
    Went home to research prices and told him.
    He checked with management and they said OK.
    Great service.
    Follow up service is great too.
    I'll gladly pay for good service.

8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Probably when I 'lost' my wallet containing my Visa card while in Spain. They couriered a new card to the place I was staying within about 3 days and transferred 400E to Western Union for me straight away. Would've been screwed otherwise.

9. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

A wallet left on a bus is a lot different to a phone plugged into the cig lighter in the front seat of a taxi with 2 people in it.

If I was the phone scenario - I wouldn't be worried either.

If I was the bus scenario; I wouldn't expect to get anything back, but would be hoping.

10. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Shame. you shouldn't let them get away with that....

I buy one sausage, give them a $10 note and say "keep the change"....they are trying to raise money.

mrdobalina likes this.
  11. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

Reminds me, had some great service from some primary school kids holding a bake sale at Bunnings. They were down to their last plate when I approached, they offered the last 3 cupcakes for "ummm welllll ummmm one dollar!" so I gave them $5 and said keep the change :)

Bayview likes this.
  12. vtt

vtt Well-Known Member

I had some great service when my hubby and I stayed at a hotel in Boston. It wasn't a super swanky hotel, just mid range.

Anyway my husband is a mad New England Patriots fan and we had bought tickets to see a game. When we checked in the hotel check in lady asked what had brought us to Boston. I told her that we had tickets to the game the following day. She said something along the lines of that's nice and kept checking us in.

Anyway following morning I get a call from reception saying there's a package for us and to please come down and collect it. I was mystified, what could this be? After some back and forth accusations between husband and I of covert online shopping I went to pick it up.

When I get to reception the receptionist brings out this big parcel wrapped in a New England Patriots blanket. On the outside was a card saying "Enjoy the game. Go Pats!" and was signed from the manager of the hotel. Inside were two brand new Patriots beanies, hand warmers (it was a particularly cold day), two Patriots scarves and a thermos (of what we later found out was hot chocolate) and two cups.

I said to the receptionist "but we didn't pay for this!" She said it was ok, this was a gift from the manager and ours to keep. I asked to see the manager to thank him personally and she said he wasn't in that day but she would pass on the message.

That was an amazing surprise and since then every time we have been to Boston we have stayed at this hotel. We have since been able to meet the manager and thank him in person for the thoughtful and very appreciated gift.

vtt
    :D

Chrispy and neK like this.
  13. proper_noobie

proper_noobie Well-Known Member

My PM at Century21 in Helensvale. Always returns calls, up for a chat about the market and any of my questions, provided the most frank and honest feedback about properties I was considering and after I bought one, rejected multiple potential tenants and found an awesome one. Occasionally calls to ensure everything's good. This starkly contrasts with my other PMs where I thought poor service, not returning calls, forgetting inspections and lots of other carelessness was the norm. Since then, I've changed one PM and another is much better after a competing agency called asking for the keys to inspect the house and take over the PM role.

14. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Too good !

15. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Bought a new Mazda 3 a couple of months ago, Mazda Newcastle were great to deal with and the icing on the cake was a courier arriving on my doorstep a week later with chocolates and a bottle of champers :D

16. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

I've been an airbnb guest a number of times and have had great experiences for the most part; a few of them incredible.

I've been force fed by hosts, had umbrellas and raincoats given to me, been given transport cards, taken to dinner, cooked breakfast, given gifts, driven around..list is endless. Most important though is how available hosts have been to help me make the most of my time with their local knowledge of transport, secret spots and other bits and bobs.

17. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Another one for car dealer experiences - put in order for the new car last week. The guy I'd spoken with previously and had taken me for the test drive had broken his leg.

Despite this, he refused to not take me to go through the car features, show the new model specs since we'd last spoken, the poor guy lumbering around trying not to scratch the cars all around him.

In general the dealers staff have been decent, no hard sell or BS, just upfront with what they can do, what not to bother with and where to minimise LCT etc.

18. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I'll be the cynic here. The salesman with the broken leg wanted to make sure that one of his colleagues didn't collect his commission.

19. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Oh I know that side - this is after already signing, just going through specs.

20. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

OK. So he was just a specs maniac.