ASX Shares What's looking cheap on the ASX in 2019?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Alex Straker, 11th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

They may well go into that low range,but the order went through at $7--780 so that's was the entry plan what happens next is any--ones guess ..Just looking towards the AGM at the Brisbane Hilton very shortly ...

2. Sannie

Sannie Well-Known Member

@willair how do you get to know where exactly you are in the waiting list. Is that option available in comm sec?

3. willair

Sannie ,once the order is confirmed and set,then you just go into the settlements page..With in that page is the contract price you have listed everthing,r//side small box maybe 4 items..Tap on the bottom one in the drop down box then you see where your in the dumb luck waiting list,which can be adjusted depending on the flow rates sellers x buyers ..Commsec..imho..

Last edited: 27th Nov, 2019
    Sannie and Redwing like this.
  4. willair

So i guess this is the time of year to ask the question ,as a lot would be monitoring some on a monthly profit and loss and analysing the results other 6 months or 24/7 ..

How's has this year been investing wise,myself there has only been 7 trades 2 of those went very well in after tax dollars,3 made money in the first month only to give it all back the next month ,one is still in a trading halt and the last one as memories can be tricky has turned into a long-term trade as it was intended to be very short-term..
    imho..anyone that follows the green medical up in smoke stock start-up's from a few years back 0ne chart
    is starting key metrics wise is starting to very interesting ..imho..CPH...BBQ plate risk range..

5. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

6. willair

Only time will tell on the above,and rather then head-butt the wall a few times after talking to a few on the board today as a few are departing now and early next year .. and lower the number on the board..
    These people are competing against the most competitive people in the world,and mostly sitting around a large conference room some with more money,more people below them to blame then anyone..
    That's what you compete against,but on the upside one word Virgin Money sticks in my mind and the fact i complained for several years too the CEO why they drink mineral water and we drink brisbane tap water and they stopped giving away Qld made Christmas cakes..
    The cakes are back only smaller,filled up the back-pack and gave everyone away to all the homeless in the streets walking home..Virgin Money..imho..

7. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

FMG having a good run over the year

upload_2019-12-11_13-21-30.png

8. willair

Looks like you may be 110--percent in that price range from the media slide-on affect after the AGM..

There is one item that stood out to a stand alone person like myself,as i was waiting for a few people that i have talked too some for just on 20 years from a price range above 20 bucks too just above six bucks as they walk out from the Hilton lift problem was no one came all new faces ,and a high percent would be a new investors who maybe their grandfather left them,,.

The one word i heard several times was ''Take-over'' and a lot of investors that play the dirty dozen are about to have a lot of fun..imho..

Phar Lap likes this.
  9. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

and I was looking at them 12 months ago, thinking "I really should buy some FMG..." - and that was purely on dividends at the time.
    oh well.

Cheers,
    Inertia.

datto likes this.
  10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Are you able to explain this in simple terms please?

11. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Yeah I think the fact banks are facing reduced margins they may as well get bigger, gain more customers so long as the ACCC allows :rolleyes: that could be what’s about to happen.

willair likes this.
  12. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I bought 50000 of them last January , price was about $4.50 :(

inertia likes this.
  13. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Why the sad face?

datto likes this.
  14. willair

I will try,i have a list of about 30 within the top 30-40 ASX listed and i just watch when excessive optimism means overpaying as several within that 30 have displayed but now we are into the excessive pessimism stage as ex div's also means selling at 8percent less then last week at the wrong time as both are bad decisions
    Skater i have been to several AGM,S recently mostly Banks and the one that put the wind up me was BOQ,as i have been dumb lucky to have talked too these people for several years some within the risk management team at least the one's still employed and there is a few that within the 6 big players and the ones linked to the main set-up have that thinking ability that they may not necessarily express what they think,and takeover was bought up several times..imho..

Sannie and Phar Lap like this.
  15. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I sold them after one day and took the profit.

Why didn't I just hold onto them, you fool datto. I could have been 300K richer!

But I did spend the profit wisely.

16. willair

Looking back as i know you were talking about this company ..50000 x you would just about after tax buy a old cottage in the main street in Nimbin and turn it into a coffee shop..

Still holding ?..

datto likes this.
  17. Sannie

Sannie Well-Known Member

If one were to take a punt among NHC, SDA , BOQ, which one would be your preference.

Also from Market index I see SDA is one most shorted stock, what does the low movement means - does it mean “shortens” are losing interest and have no high hopes of further downward price movement ?

18. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Ahh...yes...."The Hemp Cafe" it would have been called (if name not already taken).

No don't hold atm.

Pays nice divi's though.

Phar Lap likes this.
  19. willair

Yes that is a pity a simple person could live quite well with 50000 units in a high end cash flow business like that..

datto likes this.
  20. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Especially if it one day pays $3.50 pa divi.

Twiggy holds a motza and he loves divi's.

Print this post and place on your fridge for future reference.

willair likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.