ASX Shares What's looking cheap on the ASX in 2017?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by radson, 2nd Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Did you buy it?

2. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever bought any shares on its lowest and sold on the highest price ??

3. oracle

oracle Well-Known Member

Only in hindsight ;)

Cheers,
    Oracle.

Cactus, Silverson and L3ha7 like this.
  4. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

I think I have purchased on the lowest once or twice but never sold. But everytime I put my order in I try my level best lol :) but during the course of the day after few changes I miss the mark.

E.g. Sell: Yesterday I put an order in for origin to sell on 8.90 but after reading few things and price history I dropped to 8.65 and got executed byt during the day it but 8.87, I could have chabged to 8.85 lol

Buy: I had TLS order in for 3.40 and the changed to 3.44 and bloddy thing fell to 3.39 once.

I wonder when XRO and QAN going up. XRO have crossed $ 32 and QAN have crossed $7 once this year already.

oracle likes this.
  5. devank

devank Well-Known Member

I've been averaging down for a while. :rolleyes:

6. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

It's above $9 since yesterday

7. Invest_noob

Invest_noob Well-Known Member

So hard to pick the right time!! I read about the bank inquiry today and though, TIME TO BUYY. The bank shares dropped and then bounced back before I could get in.

Last time I got in too soon and bought Telstra at $4.12 and there's been no end to the fall since. I tried to buy some more Telstra yesterday at $3.35 but it just didn't go that low.

I think I'm going to stick to ETFs and LICs.

L3ha7, sharon and oracle like this.
  8. Konn

Konn Well-Known Member

RBL, BIG, TPM, TAW all doing good for me. Average gain of about 15% (sum of 70%+) within the last 2 months. Wouldn't get into any of them now though.

L3ha7 likes this.
  9. Gypsy

Gypsy Member

new announcement regarding nuh this morning could be one to watch it looks good

10. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

I do not why all.of the sudden XRO is going down drastically . I saw few days ago it was $32 something then 31 , 30, 29 -I was like once it hits 30.30 I am selling but it kept going down I hot our at 28.76 I think but it went into 27 mark eventhough the asx 200.is flying high.

11. Swuzz

Swuzz Well-Known Member

Coy director selling not helping?

12. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

to the question of lowerst & highest.
    i bought a2 at 1.79.. its hovering around 7.50.. still holding lol.. still is my greatest hit.. probably never be beaten.. wont mind if it is beaten tho xD.

thinking of going back for more xero ??

13. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

For me: I bought qan o 1.37 and sold on 5.68 (when it was 7, I got greedy thinking ut might go 10 lol and kept it) and ccp -bouggt on 7 somethibg and sold at 22.62

Will buy xro again if the potential is there but not at current price.

14. Hosko

Hosko Well-Known Member

I occasionally get accused of buying high and selling low.........

L3ha7 likes this.
  15. Alex Straker

Alex Straker Financial Life Coach Business Member

Drastically?? That kind of price movement is completely in line with expectations....

ASX Stocks Leading XJO

16. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thread link @Alex Straker ,I will review it soon.

In regards to your comment-I ddn't get it:-

price movement is completely in line with expectations....: Xro price crossed $31 and I think the firecast was to hit $40 mark as per FT market and ASX is on the top end but then the sudden dip-is it because one of the main guys sold his share ?

17. Alex Straker

Alex Straker Financial Life Coach Business Member

@Newfast, you will understand when you read that thread.

There's a complicated order flow explanation for this but I will give you the layman's version....;)

Despite clear fundamentals wanting to drive this thing up the reality is a lot institutions will push price around at their preferred entry points to beat up the weaker hands and try to ensure they hold the lions share before we have lift off. Price fluctuations of $5 in a short period are well within normal statistical volatility limits for this stock, they are simply driving it down again to re-accumulate so no issue for me until I see a weak daily close under 26 and even then if relative strength is still leading XJO (as it is now) I'm not too concerned for long term hold.

My opinion only, could be dead wrong, general info for education, DYOR, no advice, rethink that second drink, always check the weather before you go boating, and click clack front and back :)

Last edited: 4th Dec, 2017
  18. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Thanks @Alex Straker , much appreciated and I will read the recommended thread or any other if you recommend because I like to learn and understand if not sure I don't hesitate to ask. I am in for long run because of less experience and risk involved not a quick buck making strategy ;)

19. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

XRO dropped after the half year report and it became known that XRO has lost the battle to become dominant in the USA. It has only been able to gain 5% market share. in the USA. It is also limiting investment in further growth. Delisting on the NZ stock exchange also increased liquidity on the ASX. The price drop was because the half year report tempered expectation unless some how it was a mere co-incidence the price dropped after a report that didn't match some peoples hopes.

L3ha7 likes this.
  20. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

CLA up 88% since purchase, wish all my portfolio could match this

Cactus and Toon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.