What's happening today - Sydney/Melbourne

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by MTR, 29th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Brisbane is a waste of money & time specially for Sydney investors. I feel for those who went to chase Brisbane dream while overlooking the gold in their own backyard. They remind me of the boy from 'Alchemist'.

There is no better market in Australia than Sydney and if you are that keen on spreading your interstate wealth, Melbourne is the next best bet.

Lollie, melbournian and SOULFLY3 like this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

you also buying stuff that you can add value?
    Probably not necessary if you can see that the market is starting to rise?

3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Yes ability to manufacture some growth is important.. I'd rather just do a buy n hold with no additional outlay to manufacture anything and just let the market do its thing. Nothing beats organic growth Imo.
    This has happened in places like druitt etc..not much added value yet have seen capital values rise strongly for no other reason than to have access to the Sydney market.

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

what I have found from my experience is not to bother with renos, far more important to buy when the market is close or starting to move, otherwise the buying and selling costs will kill the deal or be way too skinny.

Property Twins likes this.