What's happened in East Tamworth?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by propernewb, 15th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. shreko

shreko Well-Known Member

Yep one builder.

There are others such as perry homes but a lot of them use the same subbies.

2. shreko

shreko Well-Known Member

I say leave all those *******s in Coledale and don't let them out!!
    The council was trying to spread them out.. there are 2 streets in Oxley vale that you shouldn't touch and they're trying to spread some to Callala.

3. shreko

shreko Well-Known Member

Buying a 400K house these may indicate it is a new build, stay away from new builds.

4. cluelesslucy

cluelesslucy Active Member

I know this is a relatively old thread but from someone who bought and sold in Tamworth, I didn't see any growth at all in my property!(this is 2011,sold 2015),infact after agents fees we lost. The house wasn't brand new, built around 2007,but still had issues, like poor contractors etc,was very frustrating experience and I wish I'd had the advice given to me to buy in Sydney(even something 200k cheaper would have been profitable) before I left and not to buy there (unless I was certain to stay long term). Now it's difficult to find anything comparable to buy without taking out a huge debt.
    Definitely make sure you know the streets well before investing there. I'm happy to give my 2c if anyone would like some inside advice :)

5. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Yes it can be frustrating but there are people who have held properties for 4 years plus in sydney , melbourne, brisbane and who saw no growth
    Just because those cities have done well last few years doesnt mean they will be doing well in 2 yesrs time.
    It might even be tamworths time, as im sure it was in the years prior to your purchase

cluelesslucy likes this.
  6. cluelesslucy

cluelesslucy Active Member

Very true, I suppose I only had my biased experience to draw from.
    Just to clarify, my frustration wasn't the lack of foresight to buy in Sydney instead, it was actually from the poor quality of build of the house we had in Tamworth. Even on exchange of contract we were still spending money repairing issues on a house that was relatively young.