What would you do ?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Pauly84, 23rd Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Pauly84

Pauly84 Member

I am trying to decide what my next move should be I am looking to release some equity out of my investment property to buy another property but I am stuck with what way I should go . I will probably get married in the next 2-3 years but I want to get else something this year .
    Do I try and find a place in Sydney that I would live in once married , rent it out for now but will be negative geared for now and then refinance once we move in and lower the repayments . Or do I buy something interstate with a neutral or positive return and try and save some $ and hopefully it goes up then we can refinance that when we are ready to buy in Sydney . I am open to advice / ideas .

2. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

The way you have written your post, it seems you are counting on every market to increase and refinance will definitely give you equity.

Please go through the concept of cycles and then target the markets based on that.

Regards

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

How much deposit do you have? If you don't buy a PPOR now, will you still have the deposit in a few years to buy in Sydney?

A good look at your financial situation would help to offer more specific advice and allow a bit of a plan to be put in place.

4. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

If you want to live in Sydney then I would think buying sooner rather then later is a good idea.
    Marg