QLD What would you do? Purchasing property in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Investearly, 13th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

an easy way is to reach out to the BAs on this forum and chat with them. :)

Investearly likes this.
  2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

The only way is look at it is in very simple terms that you can understand as any form of investing should never be described as a hobby its a business that's the first cab off the rank and you don't have to compete against anyone ..One of the best ways I have is when you wake up each morning say to yourself ""It's going to be the best day of my life""don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow just focus on one day at a time and if you keep doing that then that mindset will over-time become very power-full..

Investearly likes this.
  3. Investearly

Investearly Active Member

Thanks for the advice.

I've reached out to Andrew Allen of Allen Real Estate as I've seen numerous threads mention him as being terrific. I've also reached out to Zest Property too.

Looking forward to hearing back from them and what they can offer.

Cheers

4. Investearly

Investearly Active Member

What is everyone’s thoughts on land size vs smaller blocks with a nicer home?

Assuming you’re looking at a long term hold strategy while renting it out?

Also should you look for in a block in terms of frontage/slope etc?

Thanks again for all the replies

5. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

I have several clients used Andrew Allen, very positive experience.

6. serendip

serendip Well-Known Member

Land appreciates, buildings depreciate. Bigger block & add value through renovation?

Investearly likes this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Obviously not specific advice as I don't know your goals, strategy, level of commitment, financials etc but generally speaking I'd prefer to buy a bigger block with a house that has add value potential. Some benefits are:

1. You can avoid paying a premium for a shiny house
    2. When all is said and done, larger lots in good OO areas in Brissy are very desirable
    3. You can have scope to add value to the house to possibly increase rent and maybe add some equity for a fraction of the cost you'd otherwise pay if you were buying it like that .
    4. Older homes may give you some room to negotiate on price depending on the market and vendor of course, but its generally easier to negotiate the price down for older places . This is where BnP can play a part in the negotiations .

8. K974

K974 Well-Known Member

Buyers agents?
    Remember the old story about the lawyers speaking about their clients , we’ve got 2 geese here I’ll pluck one and you pluck the other .

You are buying a basic investment in a major city in your home country , you don’t need them

9. radioactive

radioactive Well-Known Member

Many of the buyers agent that I have talked to are biased and simply want you to buy a house irrespective of whether it makes sense for you or not.Lets a get a deal for you types!

10. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Yes, it can be that type of industry

I guess your point would be this ?? , one should not be in the market to buy a house if it doesnt make sense to buy a house......... by that I mean, your investing advice and financial advice should generally be independent of the BA in any case surely ?

ta
    rolf

wilso8948 likes this.
  11. RaoulDuke66

RaoulDuke66 Well-Known Member

I'd be very wary of anyone suggesting Everton Park. Massive commuting issues, oversupply of new builds. Plus the North is starting to have car jacking issues. DYOR.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice