What would you do if money was no object?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by mrdobalina, 15th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Making shedloads of money is success! ;)

To give you some idea, I was working when I was 15, just not earning very much. Back then, REIWA published a weekly magazine of properties for sale in Perth. I got it every week and read it, looking a properties, prices and cashflows, working out how much I would have to save to buy one of the properties. I didn't actually start investing until later because I prioritised work, travel and uni for way too long. Maybe that is a good thing because it gave me knowledge and experience to be successful once I got stuck in. I am up to deal number 5 and have made money on every deal. This isn't a fluke though. My parents bought their first house in the 80's and I went to every property they inspected. Then in the 90's they built their first house and I was on site nearly every day after school. Around that time my brother in law started investing so I went out with him looking at properties, calculating development potential, profits and all that. He ended up building a duplex in East Perth and I spent as much time as I could there during the build. So when it was time for me to start investing, I didn't start from scratch. I had already built up a lot of knowledge about property investing.

I can't imagine it so I can't answer.

I take your point it doesn't always work out. I have a strong interest in computers and have had since grade 7. I wouldn't really say "passion" but very strong interest. I didn't find that translated into a successful career in IT but my studies and work experience help me be good at my job now, so it wasn't a waste of time, more like something that didn't work out.

ellejay likes this.
  2. Property101

Property101 Well-Known Member

If money was no object I would be a World Wide Real Estate Agent.

Selling Luxury Real estate in NYC one day then London the next but only to the Elite.....giving them my full attention and legiondary service catering to there every need.

My service would be discreet ensuring there full privacy.

I would work by appointment only to insure my service is always of high standard and to avoid burnout.

The rest of the time I would be working out Anywhere Anyplace...at my Luxury Gyms.

When not doing all this I could probably be found online mentoring others on frugal living...lol.

That is all.

Last edited: 25th Mar, 2017
    mrdobalina likes this.
  3. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Make more money. Money is always an object because there's always something you can't afford, whether it's your own personal militia or a submarine.