NSW What will have been the 10 best growth suburbs by 2030?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Alex123711, 22nd May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Stvn

Stvn Active Member

I'm going to make a controversial call & say Schofields, maybe not 'top 10' but I think there could be some good growth in the years to come. I was visiting someone out in the big Stocklands development there (Altrove?) about 6 months ago and it was pretty quiet, however when I went back again last Sunday afternoon I was surprised by how vibrant the big park there was with families. As shops/cafes/schools etc get built in Schofields I can see the area becoming more popular, although of course on the flip-side there's the cookie-cutter/new-build risk there too

2. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

@See Change a colleague at work mentioned Townsville today as his friend just bought one for 440k through Simon at Propertyology. He did throw out some interesting information...

3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Everyone is going to pimp their own hood asking this question...
    Except me...I will say anywhere in Aus except Brisbane.

4. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

Interesting, why's that? Everyone has been saying it will boom next?

5. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Well-Known Member

I’d say the data indicates that areas of Brisbane are looking good. If population growth continues at that rate plus the new infrastructure going in, I’d be happy putting my $ in Brisbane. Apartment oversupply will not be a issue soon either. The fact it has barely had growth in the past 10 years means there is room for a boom.

Angel and Whitecat like this.
  6. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

I think we need to look at WA for the next round

helena83 likes this.
  7. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Such as ?

Cliff

wilso8948 likes this.
  8. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Recently visited Townsville and its very underrated in my opinion. So much more diversified than people think. It doesn't surprise me Propertyology is buying there. His rhetoric was directed at these diverse regional centers. I think the floods came at a poor time. Things were looking good prior. How much this affects future growth remains to be seen. Sentiment is a *****.

9. See Change

I can look at goodna and if you bought just after the foods you’d be sitting on very nice profits at this stage .

Cliff

Whitecat likes this.
  10. See Change

Agree with that . In the last cycle the two places we bought on coastal Q’land where Rocky and Townsville which have more diversified economies .

Cliff

wilso8948 likes this.
  11. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

I believe Simon was one of the first early ones to predict hobart and bought in early? Based on very low vacancy and a few other factors he uses..

Tom panos has just been through the regionals up there as well and is predicting a big up tick in buyer activity

12. See Change

The OP asked the question what with have the highest growth by 2030 . That’s not the same as what will boom next . Totally different question and answer .

The answer for “ what will boom next “ isn’t Townsville .

Anyone buying in Townsville is buying at or close to the bottom and it can be several years before it booms . It won’t boom before Brisbane , so Brisbane is a closer answer to “ what will boom next “ than Townsville .

IMHO , with the APRA changes decreasing serviceability , the importance of timing is even more important , so you can maximise how hard you money is work more of the time .

Cliff

Eugene, Jana and Whitecat like this.
  13. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna bet against this.
    It's already over priced, and there is a heap of land and new houses to be built yet.

See Change likes this.
  14. helena83

helena83 Well-Known Member

When you say WA, do you specifically mean Perth? Is it because of mining starting to pick up again?

I'm in Perth and was looking at buying an investment property in Brisbane because there's a general consensus on here that Brisbane is due for some growth. But also seems like Perth is due for growth after stagnating for quite some years now though I'm concerned if we have any wider drivers for that growth.

Appreciate your thoughts? :)

15. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Townsville needs a mining boom to have any significant change

Eugene likes this.
  16. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I don't think it's correct to say that it's barely had growth. the inner ring and middle ring has had reasonable growth over the last 5 years. it's not like it missed the boom. it just didn't go crazy .

What I do like about Brisbane is all the face changing infrastructure projects to add another one to the list they are redoing Adelaide Street into a Boulevard and that's going to be really good

Cate Bell likes this.
  17. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I hope Rockhampton is one of them. I've had two duds in my portfolio costing me an arm and a leg for the past 7 years.

Whitecat likes this.
  18. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Well-Known Member

It’s had growth but I like to factor in inflation of about 2.7% per year as well when looking at such data. I’m on the Brisbane train. Just need to wait for Melbourne market to improve a bit more before I sell

19. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity what made you purchase in Rocky in 2012? Are they really duds or just poor timing? Honest question no sarcasm intended.

Whitecat likes this.
  20. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

The fundamentals looked okay, population growth, a variety of employment (farming, military, mining) fairly low vacancy rates, high yield, etc.
    It might have been led by my inexperience at the time as well.
    I believe they then brought in the rule that landlords pay more than twice the council rates of owner occupiers, prices and rents dropped, vacancies went up, I had an asbestos roof that needed replacing ($40k out of pocket, probably my fault), tenants doing damage and runners, etc.

So I might be partially to blame, but yes, it's just been a bit of a nightmare.
    Good thing my other properties have covered the capital losses many times over.

I'd love to factor that in too, however I don't think we'll see inflation figures that high any time soon! Nor has it been that high in the last five years and even then it was just for one quarter.

ej89, Whitecat and wilso8948 like this.