NSW What will have been the 10 best growth suburbs by 2030?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Alex123711, 22nd May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

2. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Mount Druitt dont you think @sash :D

Tekoz and standtall like this.
  3. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

11 years ...

i’ll bite ...

So will be somewhere that’s at the bottom of its cycle at the moment and not a total basket case

Probably won’t be in Sydney , Melbourne , ACT or tassie as they are still closer to top of current cycle , so don’t have as much room to move .

Brisbane isn’t at the bottom of the current cycle . That came a while ago and most places I’ve looked at are well above that .

Perth is a possibility , but my recollection is in the past , Perth did manage to miss out on one cycle ...

Darwin is also a basket case so another possibility .

If I had to pick one suburb ( 10’s too much work , purely as an academic exercise , not advice and I’ve only spent about 10 mins looking at places ... )

I’d pick Rasmussen ...

Reasons . Townsville has historically been not to bad . It has a diversified economy so isn’t reliant on tourism the way cairns is .
    It is going through a bad patch at the moment , but central places in Townsville appear to be picking up in the last year or so .
    Rasmussen is an outer suburb which is still ticking down
    You can pick up a 4 br brick house for under 200
    Vacancy rates were bad , but are now down to 1.2 % ...
    Returns are around 6 % and stock levels are tracking down .

I do have one place that I think will be a more certain bet , but I haven’t bought there yet , and probably won’t be for several years

Cliff

Icarus likes this.
  4. See Change

I know you’re joking , but just in case .others don’t ...

IMHO , I don’t think Sydney will be far enough into the next boom to make up for the fact that other places are still one boom behind .

Cliff

Whitecat and Oliver Shane like this.
  5. Icarus

Icarus Well-Known Member

Interesting comments @See Change. I don't think that you're too far off the mark with your prediction - but I don't know enough about the rest of Australia to add my 2 cents.

I do think that food will become one of Australia's most important resources in the next decade, so anywhere with large scale food production at its doorstep will be up there with regards to growth. Central and Northern Queensland has a lot of potential in terms of future food and fibre production, whether this is taken advantage of (by government and private industry), only time will tell. People will move for employment (in a perfect world), causing demand for housing.
    I don't know what will happen in terms of mining, but with this current government in power, I don't see if disappearing any time soon; so that will also play a factor in the North's growth.

I'm looking towards the north for my next investment. I know Townsville well and have property in Mackay and Rockhampton already, along with Brisbane, Toowoomba and Dalby - so I'm quietly hoping that Queensland keeps on ticking along for the next 11 years +++.

6. See Change

Hi Icarus

If you’re looking at food production , then Tasmania will have to be close to the top of the list .

Cliff

mickyyyy and Icarus like this.
  7. Icarus

Icarus Well-Known Member

Due to its geographical size and the type of landmass, and of course the cooler climate - I don't think that Tasmania could compete with the broad scale farming/cropping that could be produced in QLD (and WA - e.g. Ord River project); that is with new and increased water storage/development in place.
    As much as I hate to admit it, we as a population may need to start thinking about including different types of proteins in our diets in the not too distant future too.

Whitecat likes this.
  8. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Have no idea, I just look at past performance so not that I am advocating what is suggested in the link below, rather just st passing the information, that's all.
    Actually it would be quite interesting to revisit this thread in 10 years time or at least to see if past suburbs mentioned are still in the top 10?
    These are the top performing suburbs over the last 10 years

Koshy likes this.
  9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

The Druie or muerto! It is priming to hit over 800k......any moment....'ang on...actually I missed a digit....80k. ;):D

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

This summarises my thoughts well...and I have said this numerous times....love the comment hat no one grows up wanting to live in ****** Hill.....:p...or that paying $1m for a property is insane...you can polish the proverbial...it ain't Redfern people....no redeeming qualities...

House prices in ‘non-aspirational’ suburbs could fall 85 per cent

Whitecat likes this.
  11. See Change

I’ll nominate a second .

Port Hinchinbrook .

Cliff

12. Stvn

Stvn Active Member

Yeah and look at this graphic showing # of people currently in mortgage stress, that whole area is getting slammed!

Attached Files:

Whitecat likes this.
  13. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

The lesson learnt from Brisbane is, it will take 10 years to change people sentiment if the area is affected by flood. Townsville just had flood, it might take 10-15 years for next round.

Btw, Which round Perth miss in the past?

Whitecat likes this.
  14. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Hard to predict where in the cycle each of the cities will be in 2030 but the next boom may be in Perth. Is it going to be in 2 years time? Your guess is as good as mine.

Sydney and Melbourne have a while to get back to boom conditions.

Jana and Whitecat like this.
  15. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Sorry.... Can't read your image

16. Big Lez

Big Lez Well-Known Member

I’m predicting Coastal/beach towns along the NSW and Victoria coastline as a lot of people (especially retiring boomers) will get fed up with overpopulation in Sydney and Melbourne and flee the major cities for a better lifestyle.

Otherwise, suburbs near Badgerys Creek due to the new airport and all the new warehouses being constructed out there.

johnmteliza and Whitecat like this.
  17. Stvn

Stvn Active Member

18. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

19. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

But better you can read the article and see the top 5 suburbs....

20. See Change

The costal beach towns in NSW and Victoria are already full of people getting out of the congestion in Sydney and Melbourne .

In our get out of Sydney weekender area Port Stephens , prices have already gone up considerably in the time we’ve held . There may be some more room to move , esp with libs getting back , BUT , Sydney has to boom before those areas have a significant further boost and I think sydney’s Boom is further away..

I don’t see a big property boom around the new airport . Who actually wants to live near one ? It will be a source of employment , but most of those jobs will not necessarily be high paying job , so what’s the driver for those areas to over perform in the next 11 years . The developers might make some money , but ...

Cliff

Whitecat and JohnPropChat like this.