What websites/resources do you use for DD?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by kimba88, 15th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mr Dabolina

Mr Dabolina Well-Known Member

Ah.. ok cool. haha on the "broad question" :rolleyes:

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I spend untold hours searching and reading AND visiting the places of interest, as well as checking as much on the past and present as you can in an area, lot's of news stories on expansions etc, however that does not mean they will happen, some places they talk about things for decades and does not happen, look at Sydney's second airport for example.

You can do return in your head pretty easily, there is threads here with some reasonably good spreadsheets, just remember, garbage in = garbage out

I think all capitals and surrounds will be negative if you truly count all costs, for most people anyway.

3. pommy

pommy Well-Known Member

Scott No Mates likes this.
  4. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

For demographic profiling of an area, I use atlas.id which sources data from the last census (2011 currently). Not all the councils across Australia are included but all the main ones. Click on the chosen suburb and a map will come up. The demographics that are shown on the map are in the pull down list. The main searches I use are unemployment rate, % social housing, disengaged youth..... It gives a good overview of the area if you're from outside the region.

(there's also economy.id and population.id at the same site to get other types of profiles on the council area).

If others use Atlas.id, I'd be interested in your comments.

Gingin likes this.