Entertainment & Music What videogames are you playing?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Zoolander, 30th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if many people on here are video gamers, and if so what games are you playing at the moment? Could be FIFA or a shooting game on your Xbox, or those relaxing real-life farming/trucking/citybuilding simulators on PC.

I just picked up a Playstation 4 from the Christmas sales along with the latest Call of Duty and Uncharted. Coming from playing on a 4 year old mid-tier laptop to PS4, I was blown away by how visually rich games these days are, plus the cinema-quality storylines. It's almost like watching a movie that's 5-8 hours long but with an interactive element and (for same games), branching storylines that entices another play through.

Would be good to see who on here are gamers, also maybe seed the idea for those who haven't tried to give it a go.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Whatever you do, do NOT play Factorio (on PC/Steam) ... it will destroy your life - so incredibly addictive.

Hi, I'm Simon and I'm a Factorioaholic. It has been 3 days since I last played Factorio.

Actually - the only reason I'm not playing Factorio at the moment is that I'm building a new HTPC/Games machine for the lounge so we can play games with the kids on it.

We have Xbox One controllers and play split-screen multiplayer Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Rocket League and I've just picked up Overcooked, F1 Race Stars and Disco Dodgeball (the kids don't know about those new ones yet - looking forward to playing them later today once the machine is ready).

We were supposed to be going to the beach today - but our after-dinner family trip to the park with the bikes/scooters didn't end well last night when my son took a heap of skin off his legs after taking a corner too fast that was wet from the nearby oval sprinklers.

3. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

I had to give up games since they started putting in riveting stories and making them emotionally engaging.

They are just way too good.....

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I discovered 'Pong' recently - somewhat addictive. 5 stars.

Does anyone have any cheats?

5. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

What ever you do dont try either Frogga or Snakes....

The speed and graphics of those games will blow-your-mind!

Blacky

Phantom likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I recently upgraded to this phone - do you know if I can get those games for it?

[​IMG]

7. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I last played Civilization 3 and 4. Civilization 3 keeps me up at night ;)

I played 4 for a while but I didn't love it so I went back to 3. More recently I was reading some posts about 4 and decided to give it another shot. I thought I was getting into it this time but I ran into a few issues and realised why I abandoned it in the first place. I still don't love it.

Anyway, I got Starcraft and Starcraft 2 gor Christmas so I am looking forward to playing them if I can finally finish thus reno. Dune 2 and Command & Conquer are my favourite ever games, so I should like Starcraft

TreeGrove and Phantom like this.
  8. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

Came across the old Nintendo 64 yesterday while going through boxes.... had a good sesh of MarioCart.

9. RenegadeDom

RenegadeDom Well-Known Member

I got a PSVR for Christmas and it's unreal. Everyone that's had a turn has freaked out over how real it feels and how interactive it is. Anyone with a PS4 should definitely invest in one when they are available again.

Johnny Cashflow likes this.
  10. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

I've actually just put a few hours into Civ 6,
    I hadn't touched it since 3.
    Still a solid game.

My ultimate archilles heel is tycoon/management games,
    Followed closely by solid open world entries.
    A quick way for me to lose a couple of weeks from my life is to boot up any of the football manager series. I don't even follow football/soccer. It's just a brilliant game.

However I'm not alone when it comes to that.
    An Alternative Reality: The Football Manager Documentary (2014) - IMDb

Perthguy likes this.
  11. Perthguy

Sackie likes this.
  12. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

I play about 10 hours a year on a PS4

Right now I am into dishonoured 2. Just getting dead time to play is nearly impossible. And I would rather be playing golf TBH.

Brady likes this.
  13. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Games? No...that's a phone. It's used to make calls. If you want to play games you'll need one of these...

images.jpg

Johnny Cashflow likes this.
  14. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Got Doom 1 and 2 on ps3 brings back many memories. For a 20-25 year old game it is still such a sik game all these years later. My alltime fav

Perthguy likes this.
  15. Simon Hampel

There's quite often big sales on old C&C games on Steam ... even though I owned most of them on DVD, I've been tempted to purchase again for around $3 on Steam because I used to really enjoy those games ... but I keep stopping myself from buying them because I remember how much time I used to spend playing them before we had kids or a business - I just don't have that kind of time anymore!

Perthguy likes this.
  16. Perthguy

@Simon Hampel I don't either but I hope to in the future. I would love to finish C&C again and also play through the Red Alert series for the first time

17. Simon Hampel

Steam currently have 75% off Command & Conquer games:

Steam Search

around US$3.74 - US$4.99 per game or in a bundle for US$17.76 (81% discount)
    • Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
    • Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
    • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
    • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
    • Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
    I'm waiting for them to make RA2 and Generals available online via Steam - I enjoyed those earlier games much more.

charttv and Perthguy like this.
  18. Simon Hampel

Got the HTPC build to the point where we can launch Steam via the universal remote and then launch games via the wireless Xbox One controllers.

Bought the wireless adaptor for Windows and a couple of extra controllers so we now have 4 wireless controllers to play couch coop games.

First up was Overcooked - even got my wife playing this with us! My 5yo struggled a little bit, but my 8yo loved it. For some reason my suggestion of onion soup for dinner last night was met with dagger eyes.

Perthguy likes this.
  19. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

This was my exact thought when playing "last of us" - I don't play a lot of video games (kids, work, blah blah) but I borrowed it from my brother and I was hooked! Such an awesome story and excellent character development.

Cheers

Jamie

Ross Forrester likes this.
  20. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Fifa series
    Smartphone: Naruto Blazing, Baldur's Gate, Bauldur's Gate II and Icewind Dale

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia