What to do

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Ethantheeel, 14th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ethantheeel

Ethantheeel Active Member

I presently own an NRAS property in Calamvale which is chugging along well. I am presently looking to buy another property in Brisbane. I have a finance guy advising me to buy at either North Lakes or Coomera. I also have a friend who wants to rent in the Redland Bay Area for around $450 a week. I have found a property that is around 15 years old at Victoria Point that looks pretty good. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome, I hope we can help.

This finance guy, why did he suggest those locations?
    What is so good about Victoria Point?

I ask these to get you to think about why they would be suitable, or not. Have you read the threads here about each of those suburbs?

Do not buy a house merely so your friend can rent it off you, that is likely to end badly. Your friend can rent on the open market, through an agent, so you don't risk losing your friendship. Perhaps this house is perfect for you, but it has to be for better reasons than this one.

best wishes

Sackie and Gockie like this.
  3. Ethantheeel

Ethantheeel Active Member

T
    Thankyou Angel for your reply. How do I find threads that give suggestions on buying property in Bris.

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

You can search (Upper right hand of screen) individual words and you can have a look in the forum section "Where to buy". We are currently discussing Coomera in one thread and the various parts of Moreton in others: see titles North Brisbane, Kallangur and Brisbane Looks Good.

I could try to link them for you but it will be faster for you to find them yourself :)

jefn89 likes this.