What to do.

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Bully, 2nd Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

It would be a lot more overwhelming if you were 52 and renting with no savings and not much super. I like the idea of working out where you think you might like to retire and buying there.

BuyersAgent and Brady like this.
  2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

If you looked backwards 8 years and consider what property values did in that time then consider what they may do in the next 8 it makes considering a home worthwhile and not a property in a retirement location as that 8 years off. .Depends too if you elect to borrow some, all or use cash to buy. The tax free growth and the exchange of taxable income on investment income for eliminating the after-tax cashflow of rent are also worthy to consider.

3. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi @Bully - you have lots of advice and strategy comments above so I won't repeat that. I speak as one who left Sydney around 12 years ago now and have no regrets living on the amazing south coast. (even though the bushfires are a bit close for comfort this week) - if you ever want to chat about the coastal options and their various pros and cons feel free to drop me a line.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia