What to do in each part of the property cycle

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Gockie, 13th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Northy85 likes this.
  2. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... perhaps good reading for the get rich quick brigade...

Macro economics doesn't necessarily have a positive correlation with micro economics ie. Individual investments/investors. This because of many factors such as timing, specific market sector dynamics & the pace of ripple affects not necessarily being in step between the macro & micro level.

A macro downturn can actually be a micro upswing if positioned into the right part of the sector.

Enjoy the journey

Indi

3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

4. REVet

REVet New Member

Indeed, it's rather challenging to read the correlation between macro and microeconomics and in turn applying this to property cycles.
    However, coming back to your query how to invest taking into account a property market cycle and seeking views of the participants of this chat you need to be more specific.
    First, you should define a micro cycle four your area of interest and it's current stage.
    Second, what kind of an investment activity you want to implement?
    Happy to share with you my idea but need details

5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I didn't do this:

Prices falling - Look elsewhere

I did Prices falling - find a unique opportunity - take advantage of low prices :p

6. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

What about Brisbane and surrounding? Stagnant markets?

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

There are certainly markets in Brisbane that are not stagnant. Good money to be made. Just depends on the eyes that's looking.

That's why for me, if I was looking to invest in a state/market I was not familiar with whatsoever, Personally I wouldn't waste my time trying to become an expert in that area, I would just enlist the help of a successful investor on here who is very familiar with that market and understands what it is I want to achieve and has done very similar with good results. Of course I will do my own DD but I will seek out the 'expert' first. Leveraging the right people is vital imo.

Last edited: 13th Sep, 2016
    Colin Rice and Sonamic like this.
  8. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

AKA leverage. So many ways to "leverage" if you can let go of controling everything. Easier said than done initially but once unserstood opens up a whole raft of new opportunities.

Sackie likes this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agreed. For me, I don't mind to give up control or anything else, as long as I get the results I want. At the end of the day I have no pride, no arrogance, no ego. I only care about the end results. Always the results. That's it.

Rusty12 likes this.
  10. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo New Member

You get these kinds of "Gurus" in most finance and business circles. After a while it becomes easier to distinguish the quality from the crap. As with anything, always do your research before you invest a significant amount of time, money or effort into someone or their products/promises.

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

The only one on the list that really interests me is
    High Growth - Short Term Growth- ie Sydney, Melb - double your money in 3 years sitting on your hands.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.