Education & Work What to do in an interview (from a interviewers point of view)

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Gockie, 20th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

i suspect that just because you know what you want it doesnt make you a good interviewer

as for things like spelling mistakes, yes it shows carelessness, but for a job such as mowing lawns, its probably not the end of the world, but some would say if they can do their job great, then spelling wouldnt matter

im sure there are a million questions you could ask that are indirect and you can interpret it a million other ways

I hate job interviewing, its like me cooking,
    sometimes candidates are nervous, sometimes they tell you stuff they think you want, some are just quiet, some have rehearsed answers, some will tell you what you want to hear,
    some will say yeah they can do this and that, but its impossible to test them completeley on the spot

2. neK

neK Well-Known Member

@TMNT Testing for "rehearsed" and "telling you want to hear" isn't all that difficult (generally). Most people only prep for a few layers. Dig past those layer of lies with a "Why" and you'll uncover the truth. Dealing with the nervous ones, its about getting them to open up, again, asking the "why" helps achieve that. Some of these nervous ones really know their stuff and can be quite passionate, once you get them going they can really talk!

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

yeah, some of the nervous ones, once you can get them comfortable , are themselves, and easy to work out what they know and what they dont

ive done interviews on a sofa before and told them to get comfortable, which worked,

but a few other people said , its a job interview, not a coffee, you should always keep job interviews professional and uptight

thats why im not into recruitment or HR

4. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm. :p

I disagree with this - every meeting is an interview.
    When people go to property meets and chat with other members who also happen to be brokers - that's an interview. Its a casual chat, but it is also an assessment by both parties.
    The best place for an interview is an informal one - it usually shows what a person is like when you're actually working with them. In a formal interview, everyone is on their best behaviour, only after you hire them do you realise the type of person they are.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia