What source do you think has the most accurate data?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by KJB, 5th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KJB

KJB Well-Known Member

I'm just going through some stats at the back of both API and YIP. I'm concentrating on 2 BDR unit in W.A and the differences are unreal... 5-10% jumps on every growth increment for most, if not all suburbs.

I thought I would spread out my DD out and crunch more numbers for my next purchase (last time - and my first IP- I mainly used RPDATA & API stats) but the (noticeably large) differences I'm seeing with using these extra resources is just doing my head in now to be honest!

So my question to the masses is the title of this thread :) and I would love to hear from the success stories on here which one they found most accurate on their road to riches.

Regards,

Kayne

2. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I dont think you can draw any conclusion about the value of a particular property from them, neither are accurate, they are just more of an indication of the types of property that sold six months ago.

KJB likes this.
  3. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

1+ rp data

KJB likes this.
  4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Stats are only as good as the data they are created from.

Unless you have a thorough understanding of how the stats were compiled, what is included or excluded, the time frame analysed etc you stand no hope.

You may be better off doing your own analysis from the sales data freely available from domain or real estate or paid data service providers.

KJB likes this.