What percentage and fees, Adelaide selling.

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Barny, 17th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

hi peeps,

may I ask to get an idea if I end up selling a property in Adelaide, davoren park, what percentage can be negotiated. I spoke with an agent from Ray white, adviced 3-3.5%, but I have heard 2.5% is achievable. And fees for advertising are under a grand.
    I'm trying to get the best agent first, then get the best possible price on commission. I've found one that has the most listings in those areas and also spoken to him several times and actually like his communication style very much.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Didn't we tell you to hold onto it :)

In Dav Park, due to the low prices, comms will be higher. 3.3%inc GST would not be unreasonable. On 150k thats $4500.

You could probably get cheaper into the mid 2's but wil get an agent who doesnt care and it will sit on the market and go stale and need price drops to sell.

For getting the best price you cant go past Ray White Salisbury, Mike Lao is one of the premier agencies for selling with. Many other agents in the area dont really care, I would avoid Ray White Elizabeth, but the Craigmore one (Tony Minopoulous) is good.

3. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Lol your on it. Thanks for the feedback again, I'm still undecided.
    Mike Lao is the agent I have been speaking too. Appreciate your responses