What orientation is this property?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by k0428ami, 23rd Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. k0428ami

k0428ami Member

Hi all,

Would really appreciate some help understanding the facing of this property. In the floor plan the REA has tried to mask it as a north facing property but it seems it is a south facing one based on the fact that the compass should be upside down.

In the ad the REA also states it has a north facing backyard which theoretically should mean that most the sunlight will be in the living room areas and backyard, however if it is a south facing property, wouldn’t the sun be around the carport for most of the day?

Quite confused, I think the weird compass has thrown me off. Would love to get some guidance on this.

Would also like to know if this is a good facing? I’ve attached photos.

thanks

Attached Files:

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Cant you google map this?

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

It's a wierd compass but it seems to indicate that North is to the rear of the block which is nice
    If you have the address it should be pretty easy to check.

4. k0428ami

k0428ami Member

This is what the map looks like. The sun should come up from the right hand side through the garage, and then be in the rear/backyard for most the day, is that correct?

master bedroom on low LHS would also have the least sunlight?

I was originally flipping the floor plan upside down because I thought that was how you look at south facing property floor plans. When I did that, it showed the sun coming from the LHS and being at the front of the house the whole day. Is that incorrect?

sorry for all the questions, I’m quite new to this! Appreciate your guidance.

Attached Files:

5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

In other words, the re ad is right. The backyard faces north. It’s south facing from the front door, if you insist on thinking that way and calling it a south facing property.

having bedooms facing south isnt a bad thing. That master bedroom will be a little dark during the day but thats not a big deal for a bedroom.

Last edited: 23rd Aug, 2021
  6. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

The dining room will get some morning sun (theoretically, depending on how tall the neighbouring house is).

The living room may get a bit of sun - through the only rear facing glass is the sliding door, which is facing more northeast - so the living room won’t get all day northern sun (and may be shaded by the pergola, anyway).

The backyard is north facing.